Getting Google Voice...

...but all the numbers with local area codes are taken. Other parts of the state are taken. Should I pick an number with a non-local area-code or wait until one is available?
What does it matter what the number is? This is the age of cell phones, you can use them anywhere in the U.S.
Everyone knows this.
I completely understand the technology, mobility, and all that. My question may be more for the ladies. When I first contact a lady to get screened, I'll send a PM and follow it up with a quick text (if I have her number), just to speed things along. So I guess the question for the ladies is: does a text from a non-local number give you any reason to pause? Or does today's mobility make it a moot point?
Google Voice told me the exact same thing when I changed my phone number last month. If you keep trying after a few minutes an available 512 # should come up.

With that being said though, a large portion of this community uses GV #'s so as long as your able to verify through a PM as well then you shouldn't have a problem.
  • Gamer
  • 09-01-2015, 07:07 PM
I have an out of state g-voice number and haven't had any problems.
I don't think it should matter if you give your number through PM so that the lady knows to expect it.
I really like my Talkatone app. Doesn't have the glitches that happen on Google voice.