Chris Christie

I think he would make a fine President, and I hope he wins the Governor's race.
Will Republicans accept him though since he's getting pretty friendly with Obama these days?
Will Republicans accept him though since he's getting pretty friendly with Obama these days? Originally Posted by jbravo_123
I think they see that as an example of conservatives being open minded, in spite of the stereotypes.
Will Republicans accept him though since he's getting pretty friendly with Obama these days? Originally Posted by jbravo_123
I think they see that as an example of conservatives being open minded, in spite of the stereotypes. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
He's been friendly with Obama. Nothing wrong with that as long as he keeps the conservative principles. The conservative talking heads need to keep in mind that he his running a state and having open access to the White House helps him do that. It certainly helped him after Sandy. It's good business and good politics considering he is a republican Governor in a blue state.

As much as I like Governor Perry and the Texas attitude it would never work anywhere in the Northeast.

If Christie makes it to the nomination he will certainly be fun to watch debating Hillary.
Who is he really? We still have to find out. My gut tells me DO NOT TRUST HIM. These fuckers are sneaky.
  • Old-T
  • 06-03-2013, 07:37 AM
I think they see that as an example of conservatives being open minded, in spite of the stereotypes. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
It is nice when any politician can remain open minded and keep their principles. Even better when they can keep their principles and realize that the "other side", whichever that may be, are humans--most of whom are not inherently evil just because they disagree.

Both sides have spewed so much hate speech and worked so hard at demonizing anyone who disagrees with them (BOTH sides), it has made it near impossible for any serious debate of complex problems. It doesn't matter which party is in charge now, the Hatfield-McCoy mentality is deeply entrenched and will take a long while to change.

I don't know as much about the NJ governor as I probably should, but the fact that he is willing to work across the chasm is a major plus in my mind.
He's been friendly with Obama. Nothing wrong with that as long as he keeps the conservative principles. The conservative talking heads need to keep in mind that he his running a state and having open access to the White House helps him do that. It certainly helped him after Sandy. It's good business and good politics considering he is a republican Governor in a blue state.

As much as I like Governor Perry and the Texas attitude it would never work anywhere in the Northeast.

If Christie makes it to the nomination he will certainly be fun to watch debating Hillary. Originally Posted by boardman
It is nice when any politician can remain open minded and keep their principles. Even better when they can keep their principles and realize that the "other side", whichever that may be, are humans--most of whom are not inherently evil just because they disagree.

Both sides have spewed so much hate speech and worked so hard at demonizing anyone who disagrees with them (BOTH sides), it has made it near impossible for any serious debate of complex problems. It doesn't matter which party is in charge now, the Hatfield-McCoy mentality is deeply entrenched and will take a long while to change.

I don't know as much about the NJ governor as I probably should, but the fact that he is willing to work across the chasm is a major plus in my mind. Originally Posted by Old-T
Yeah don't get me wrong - I'm all for moderate conservatives and liberals who are mature enough to you know, actually work with the other side to get things done.

I'm just saying that in today's political climate, being a moderate makes you lose in the primaries...

Still, for the Republican ticket in 2016, I still think Marco Rubio will be a good choice if he can survive the primaries. He's young, latino (very important given how hispanics voted in 2012), seems moderate.

We'll see how things go.
With Lautenberg dead Christie will get to fill the seat. If he choses a republican he can mend his bridges with the GOP.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...erg-dead-at-89
  • CJ7
  • 06-03-2013, 10:33 AM

If Christie makes it to the nomination he will certainly be fun to watch debating Hillary. Originally Posted by boardman

well there's ones Perry prick in the crowd anyway
With Lautenberg dead Christie will get to fill the seat. If he choses a republican he can mend his bridges with the GOP. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
But picking a Republican will create a shitstorm.

Lautenberg's seat is up for reelection in 2014, so whatever advantage the GOP get won't last more than 18 months if NJ wants another liberal anyway.

Maybe he need to be smart. Pick an absolutely loathsome, corrupt Democrat - there are plenty in NJ. Let whoever it is get mired in scandal. GOP operatives can even drip all the details to the press over the course of 18 months. Hopefully the Democrats will have a nasty primary fight in 2014.

In 2014, run a fiscal conservative, social liberal Republican and get the seat for 6 years.
Glad I didn't get my hopes up that we'd be spared the incessant bleating from at least one source.

Let's see, Christie is a Republican - hmmmm - that makes it real, real, real hard to figure out what the odds are for a Democratic, much less Libriaitarian, appointment. Not 100% against, just vewy, vewy high.

Whew! That was soooooo hard.
God Bless Breitbart!
Christi's donor base is largely non ideological; Christi will feel free to nominate anyone of his choosing; his appointment will tell us a lot about who Christi really is when it comes to national politics.

Christi's own political reputation is someone who is willing to take on the unions; someone who recognizes taxpayers are being squeezed, a politician who is willing to stand up against the status quo of the Democratic machinery in NJ......let's see how deep those commitments run.
Hillary is free and would cut down the competition ..