Teddy Cruz calls for elections for SCOTUS

Good idea? Make justices of the SCOTUS subject to political pressure?

This guy is a fucking idiot. He wants to fuck with basic constitutional law.
  • DSK
  • 06-29-2015, 09:10 PM
This guy is a fucking idiot. He wants to fuck with basic constitutional law. Originally Posted by timpage
ROTFLMAO
Yeah I am dying to hear these so called constitutional loving Repugs call Cruz out- because you would have to re-write the Constitution to honor Cruz's request.
What a rube!
  • Old-T
  • 06-29-2015, 10:15 PM

This guy is a fucking idiot. He wants to fuck with basic constitutional law. Originally Posted by timpage
You are just realizing that Teddy C is a full fledged nut?
Ted Cruz said that? Is he trying to look more stupid than Rick Perry? You have a link, Tim? I don't doubt you, but that is too stupid to believe.

I hope you don't think he's the only one.

Jim
  • DSK
  • 06-30-2015, 04:37 AM
Yeah I am dying to hear these so called constitutional loving Repugs call Cruz out- because you would have to re-write the Constitution to honor Cruz's request. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
The constitution is dead anyway - no one fucking follows it. Ask your powerful and influential lawyer who can get people jailed for internet flame wars.
Ted Cruz said that? Is he trying to look more stupid than Rick Perry? You have a link, Tim? I don't doubt you, but that is too stupid to believe. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Read it and laugh...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ourt-justices/

Is this going to get to be a habit? Cruz did NOT call for elections for justices. What Cruz did was call for an amendment (which takes care of the constiutional part) that would put justices in front a referendum election to RETAIN their office. You lied or you didn't understand the statement. Dershowitz has said that Cruz is maybe the most brilliant student that he ever taught. Cruz, unlike Obama, knows his shit and if you pay attention then you may learn something. I shouldn't have to say this but considering who I'm talking to...a constitutional amendment requires a super majority of the states to pass into law. This is all on the voter and not the Congress.

As for as political pressure...what do you think happened to Roberts on this decision? Hell, last week, Obama was stabbing the court in the back with implied threats and innuendo. Roberts and Kennedy both said that it was not about the Constitution but about how they felt the country should be. Political pressure? Ginsberg and Hagan both officiated over gay weddings but political pressure said that they could not, thought they should have, recuse themselves from this case.
Yeah I am dying to hear these so called constitutional loving Repugs call Cruz out- because you would have to re-write the Constitution to honor Cruz's request. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Does that mean that he has an agenda too WE ? Everyone has an agenda in your besotted mind. Everyone's out to get you, right ? !
Is this going to get to be a habit? Cruz did NOT call for elections for justices. What Cruz did was call for an amendment (which takes care of the constiutional part) that would put justices in front a referendum election to RETAIN their office. You lied or you didn't understand the statement. Dershowitz has said that Cruz is maybe the most brilliant student that he ever taught. Cruz, unlike Obama, knows his shit and if you pay attention then you may learn something. I shouldn't have to say this but considering who I'm talking to...a constitutional amendment requires a super majority of the states to pass into law. This is all on the voter and not the Congress.

As for as political pressure...what do you think happened to Roberts on this decision? Hell, last week, Obama was stabbing the court in the back with implied threats and innuendo. Roberts and Kennedy both said that it was not about the Constitution but about how they felt the country should be. Political pressure? Ginsberg and Hagan both officiated over gay weddings but political pressure said that they could not, thought they should have, recuse themselves from this case. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

Then Dershowitz was then teaching the window lickers on the short bus. Cruz is dumber than Perry. Just shows the Ivy league taint what it used to be.

What can a President do to sitting Supreme Court judges? Not a damn thing.
Keep in mind, the same mindless morons who voted for President Obama twice, and are all googie eyed over Hillary will vote to keep the most liberal Members of the Court in place.

The system we use to select members of The Supreme Court is not broke. The Constitution is not broke. Leave it the fuck alone.
Cruz is wrong on this, while some may not agree with the decisions, it was set up this way and anyone who claims to support the constitution cannot then turn around and call for this when they don't agree with the results. The system worked like it is suppose to whether anyone agrees with the decision or not.
  • DSK
  • 06-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Cruz is wrong on this, while some may not agree with the decisions, it was set up this way and anyone who claims to support the constitution cannot then turn around and call for this when they don't agree with the results. The system worked like it is suppose to whether anyone agrees with the decision or not. Originally Posted by dirty dog
FWIW, we can change the constitution, thereby making any such new item constitutional.