Sushi?

Im coming back to Austin and would love to know some good sushi places or anything North Austin thats good
  • dhugo
  • 05-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Uchiko on North Lamar is what you're looking for. Best sushi in town, except for maybe Uchi on South Lamar, which is run by the same guy.

OMG!!!!! HANDS DOWN!!!!!!

Uchi #1

Uchiko #2

Have The Jar Jar Duck.....TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!

Sushi Japon, I think, on I-35 access road, northbound (east) side, north of 290. Very good.
Tomo of parmer west of mopac I agree that uchi.and uchiko are.my faves as well, but man are those places expensive. Happy hrs bar chi has a good.one downtown, and kono grill
  • Toyz
  • 05-12-2013, 11:10 AM
If you hit the 5PM happy hour at Uchi you can slide by much cheaper....its never gonna be McDonalds but you get what you pay for.
Tomo of parmer west of mopac. Originally Posted by VforVendetta
Tomo is a great place. Small and unpretentious, but they know what they are doing.
Tomo or Uchi, for the money Beluga
There is a new place that opened recently on the outside of Northcross Mall called Hanabi. Unimpressive (but safe) location. However, they have incredible sushi and often have fish that are difficult to find at other venues. Great service and reasonable prices. This is a real hidden gem.
  • unagi
  • 05-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Dinner Only: Uchi, Uchiko
Lunch or dinner: Tomo, Mushashino, Soto (new place near Lakeline Mall)
musashino for excellent straight forward sushi....uchi and uchiko are fancy/fusion
Dinner Only: Uchi, Uchiko
Lunch or dinner: Tomo, Mushashino, Soto (new place near Lakeline Mall) Originally Posted by unagi
What Unagi said. And a man named Unagi should know his sushi. More than just sushi, Uchi and Uchiko are more progressive Japanese fusion cuisine. And hyper-expensive. But worth it.

Soto it new and excellent, though you'd never guess it from its strip mall location. I'm told the chef trained under Morimoto. When I went, it was almost empty. It'll have long lines soon.
For good happy hours downtown, check out Maiko and Bar Chi. Both have pretty good sushi, and great prices.
musashino for excellent straight forward sushi....uchi and uchiko are fancy/fusion Originally Posted by mandola

Sashimi Is Sashimi NO MATTER WHERE You Go

NOTHING FANCY/FUSION ABOUT THAT!!!!

PLUS You Get All The Other FANCY/FUSION

Things To Come ALONG As SIDECARS!!!!!

WHO COULD ASK FOR BETTER?!?!?

TOMO! I love that place!! It's a well kept little secret.