self-destructing apps

I have been using Wickr for years. It automatically deletes all messages after a set number of minutes (like 2 minutes). Also it blocks the phone from taking screenshot or save pictures, copy / paste words.

I am wondering why providers and hobbyists don't use such as apps to contact on the day they are scheduled to meetup.

Also, have anyone thought of accepting alternate methods of payment instead of cash? My friend told me that in their city, providers sell condoms or something else for the price of their session, and then whatever happens is between two adults. Not a bad idea it seems. No exchange of cash for sexual favors.
Had a few pre-Vet day libations but after reading this my first thoughts are-

1- Wickr, has some problems in that it has not opened its source for review as other apps have such as Secret Circle. It has gone thru several security audits. Open-Source code is the only way to have any verifiable way to assure there are no backdoors.

The only real way to protect communications between two devices is encryption. The Electronic Frontier Foundation has white paper research and suggestions on apps and phones that provide strong (if not unbreakable) encryption.

I do agree, encryption apps can have a place in this world of ours and have talked with several providers about implementing it in their security procedures. At this time, the draw back is that both parties-devices have to have the same app for the encrypted communication to work properly.

2- the ruse of purchasing an item and then doing what is between two consenting adults has been tried and rejected by most if not all criminal jurisdictions across the country.

I have been using Wickr for years. It automatically deletes all messages after a set number of minutes (like 2 minutes). Also it blocks the phone from taking screenshot or save pictures, copy / paste words.

I am wondering why providers and hobbyists don't use such as apps to contact on the day they are scheduled to meetup.

Also, have anyone thought of accepting alternate methods of payment instead of cash? My friend told me that in their city, providers sell condoms or something else for the price of their session, and then whatever happens is between two adults. Not a bad idea it seems. No exchange of cash for sexual favors. Originally Posted by Golpacha
wow - didn't know about secret circle..
Because I don't use a phone. I guess I don't understand a lot of the dog and pony show of all this. I meet someone, I screen them, I give them the location we're meeting, and if they're going to be late they can shoot me an email. I never schedule anything back to back with a visit, so it's no skin off my back if someone is 10 minutes late because of traffic.

Websites and emails should be business like, professional, and only used for setting up meetings. If you are worried about being "caught" because of something in email or text, it shouldn't have been said.

Someone mentioned on twitter being afraid of her emails being subpoenaed. If that's a fear, then you're going way way WAY too far in email.