Why Do Men Lie About Their Height?

It happens ALL of the time and I just don't understand it.

And although my previous thought was it was more common with shorter guys, I thought that this didn't happen much with taller men. But last week a client said that he was 6'2". Alright. Sounds great. Height really doesn't matter to me in the grand scheme of things but it's nice to know.

This guy was not tall at all! So I just asked him about his height. And he got a little upset. Didn't mean to upset him but he was naked and the opportunity was just sortof ... there.

Thoughts?

As an aside, I'm REALLY glad to be back in Dallas!!!

Elisabeth
Same reason women lie about there age, weight, cup size, hair color......

A persons insecurities are a strange thing to figure out....
Same reason women lie about there age, weight, cup size, hair color......

A persons insecurities are a strange thing to figure out.... Originally Posted by DFWRaven
When I first wrote the post, I added those situations above with the rational and then deleted it, but at least with weight and age (still there isn't a need to lie about it!), sometimes you really cannot tell.

I mean, your height is just your height. It's not something that can be covered up. Which is why I find it more interesting that people don't tell the truth about it. Which, by the way, I just realized that I know a female who isn't truthful about her height as well.

So I take back that it's just a man thing. Why did I start this topic?

Ugh!

I'm still glad to be back in town, though!!!

Thanks, Raven!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
Do you want my height in my bare feet? In my work shoes (wing tips), my sneakers. my work boots or how about my nice pair of cowboy boots?

Just like women use those little padded gel things to provide lift once thei boobies droop but before they get them enhanced, there are many men who buy "lifts" for inside the shoes which can add anywhere from 1/2" inches or more to a man's height.

There've been studies that link men's height to success. Most men who make CEO or the upper executive ranks seem to all be much taller than the underlings.

Here's a nice summarized article that references other sources on this.
http://www.shortsupport.org/News/0391.html
Depends on if you're using the standard ruler or the penis ruler where:
6in = [----------] in which case I'm 11ft tall.
EW: Well, a lot of people say/think that I'm 6-foot tall. I know I'm about 5-11. If somebody asks, that's what I'd say.
Lots to times in college basketball, a player is listed at 6-6 and is really 6-5 or even 6-4. Never understood that, either. If you're a player and is told the guy you're guarding is 6-6, you're 6-5 and when you walk on the court the opponent seems shorter isn't that a pyschological edge? Wouldn't it be more intimidating to be told the guy you're guarding is 6-4 and he's really 6-6?
Now, back to original programming.
I think it is basic insecurity - everyone may fib a bit about their weight, I think men are more generous on their height, and women more generous on their age. These are certainly gross generalizations, but one man's observations.

So I could go for the trifecta and claim to be 35, 6'3" tall, and weigh 180 lbs, but I would get called out too quickly on ALL counts!
I am 6'3" and 225LBS.
5'10" No reason to lie... 245 lbs - Wish I was lying

PPE
We grow up believing that women prefer taller guys. I think we all began to get that idea by the time we were in junior high, or even before.

Any of you guys remember making pencil marks on a doorframe during your teenage years and measuring yourself anxiously and frequently, impatienty waiting for every new quarter inch? (And you ladies thought we just measured our dicks!)

I read somewhere that at least one state reported that the most common height men listed on their drivers license applications was 6' 0". How than that be? You know that 6' 0" is taller than average, and can intuit that a density distribution chart for human height might look something like a bell curve:

The average American man is between 5' 9" and 5' 10", shown by the tallest bars in the middle of the graph. You can see that when you diverge up or down from the mean, the quantity within each range diminishes sharply.

I know a guy who once casually mentioned that he's six feet tall. But I know there's no way he was within 2 inches (let alone one inch) of my height (I'm 6' 1"). Maybe he's 5' 101/2" and decided long ago to just round up to 5' 11". Perfectly reasonable. But maybe when he was filling out his license application, he figured what the hell -- just round up to a nice even 6' 0".

And maybe more than just a few people do that!
I can not tell a lie. I'm 59 years old, 5'9" tall and weigh 180 pounds and proud of it.
Well, since we're in full disclosure mode, I'll reveal that I'm 60 years old, 6' 1", 195.

I also have a nice six-pack of abs. But for many years, I have been working on a protective layer of padding so that I can avoid bruising them!
I also have a nice six-pack of abs. But for many years, I have been working on a protective layer of padding so that I can avoid bruising them! Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
Screw that six pack. I've got a kegger built in for comfort on top of the 6 pack!
When I talk to a guy, I'm 6'2" and weigh 310. I'm 6'2" and 299 when I talk to a lady. Seems that 300 scares some of them. Height has never been an issue unless the bed is very short.
Well I am a holy man and cannot tell a lie..

6'4" 218

But EW sometimes being this tall can be a curse.....