Unable to connect to ECCIE Chat

I frequent chat probably more than I should. Sometimes daily. Like everyone else, I have experienced the frustrating 404 error on and off for the last week or two. Tonight I read where one of the IT folks may have solved the problem. Yay!

However now I am unable to connect to chat. I log into ECCIE fine, read threads, etc. But since about 11AM I have been unable to enter chat. I was able to enter early this morning. I have made a half dozen or so attempts, all ending with the message "failed to connect."

I would appreciate any suggestions if there is anything that I can do on my side. I've tried re-booting my PC. This afternoon I ran a complete scan with my security software to be sure nothing malicious had crept into my system.

This machine uses XP, could that be an issue?

Thanks for any and all help.
Running into the same issue. Not sure what is up, but hopefully it gets fixed soon.
Glad to know that I'm not alone. Miss chat and seeing your WONDERFUL picture collection Spooge.
same here i want my chat back!!!!:'(:@:@:@:@:@:@:@
I even got more pictures too share lol
I can't connect either. All the software glitches on the website are getting frustrating.
I miss you DBL
Having the same problems. First if was the 404 errors a few days ago. Yesterday morning worked fine, yesterday afternoon... "Connection Failure".
Yeah, I just tried myself and says "Connection Failed".
What gives with the New Year Problems already?
This machine uses XP, could that be an issue?
Not the issue

This is possibly an internal issue with the server that host the chat. I am sure someone will resolve soon.
Having the same problems. First if was the 404 errors a few days ago. Yesterday morning worked fine, yesterday afternoon... "Connection Failure". Originally Posted by u69too
+1
Yeah, I just tried myself and says "Connection Failed".
What gives with the New Year Problems already? Originally Posted by Cyndi Lyn
+1
Who plugged up the chat hole????
I miss chat!! Hopefully they get it up soon! I should take a bunch of new pictures for when it comes up again.
I heard North Korea has hacked eccie chat.
This really sucks!!! I miss all my eccie chat friends! Miss you too Spooge!