How's Portland, ME this time of year?

I realize Portland, ME is really busy during the summer through early fall season but is there anything to do in the winter? I'm due to visit very soon and just hoping that at least some of the restaurants will be open.

Also, how is the weather that time of the year? As someone who is used to the warmer climate, should I be afraid of the winter this time of year in Portland?

Just an FYI, if you're curious, here's my info:
instagram.com/lilith_gilman
twitter.com/LilithGilman
lilithgilman.net
I live in Maine.

I live in the Southern half of Maine, though about 3 hours North of Portland.

There are many tourist-focused restaurants [mostly in the tiny tourist towns along the coast] that are only open in Summer.

Right now all the rest of the restaurants and bars are open.

We just had a big storm blow through, it took out the power grid for most of the state. Most townships have power back now, I think we only have around 2,000 homes still without power this week.

We are seeing a very mild winter so far. We should normally have at least a foot of snow blanket right now here on my farm, but it is too warm for snow.

The roads are clear, everyone is open. I hope you enjoy your trip.

If you were in Portland on January 10 and 13, 2024, you got to see something scary. We moved from NM up to Penobscot Bay, and the wind and storm surge was epic. Stay warm.
All of Portland will be open. A good little diner down in the harbor area, Becky’s, has good food and caters to the locals as well as tourists.