FYI: 92.1 FM is now an old school hip hop station!

Ok, so I'm in my late 30's. I grew up listening to just about everything but I really loved hip hop in the 90's. Listening to some of this modern day garbage really hurts my head. I can't even understand what that dude Young Thug is saying yet his songs seem to be gaining popularity. I mean, it's not the slang he's using. I literally cannot understand the words that are coming out of his mouth. It sounds like he's rapping with a mouth full of peanut butter. With that said, if you're a lover of the way hip hip used to sound, check out 92.1 in the H-town area.

They've been jammin' the Gheto Boys, Paperboy, Bone Thugs, ol school Outkast... Like from the ATLiens album... "Me and yoooou... Yo mama and yo cousin toooooo..."

If you're about some ol' school hip hop, let me know what you're feelin! I need to load up the iTunes with some new, old songs so I could use some suggestions/reminders!
The classic "Bitch better have my money"... a good I-Tunes song.
Thanks
I'm guessing they also jamming that old school D.O.C, Roxanne Roxanne, and UTFO. Ahh the days of videocity at Astroworld. ;-)
Dang it !
I was hoping for a music station.
They must have changed it. A few days ago they were playing only Beyoncé. It is called B92.1.
The classic "Bitch better have my money"... a good I-Tunes song. Originally Posted by The Accidental Hobbyist
Yes sir! One of my favorite songs back in the day.
Zane...Hotboyz.....hit me up if you need old-schoo mix....i got you...
Dang it !
I was hoping for a music station. Originally Posted by Slitlikr
Lol! Can't please em all!

They must have changed it. A few days ago they were playing only Beyoncé. It is called B92.1. Originally Posted by Hotboyz
Yeah, it was all Beyoncé for like 5 days while they changed over and then it switched to the old school hip hop format. I've been listening to satellite radio for so long, it feels kinda strange to listen to a local broadcast again.
I'm guessing they also jamming that old school D.O.C, Roxanne Roxanne, and UTFO. Ahh the days of videocity at Astroworld. ;-) Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
Holy shit! This fool said Videocity! I almost shed a tear every time I drive past that empty field that once was Astroworld. That's a whole 'nother thread in itself!
Great...now I have to find another local FM news station.
Zane...Hotboyz.....hit me up if you need old-schoo mix....i got you... Originally Posted by Mixshowdj
Yes I do CS...
Zane...Hotboyz.....hit me up if you need old-schoo mix....i got you... Originally Posted by Mixshowdj
I will because you can never have enough. I now have close to 1 million songs (some compressed) spread across 8 terabytes. I also want to get your advice on a mixer I bought which is USB enabled to play songs from my Ipod. I have no DJ skills but it helps keep the music flowing and makes for a nice conversation piece when guests come over. lol

Holy shit! This fool said Videocity! I almost shed a tear every time I drive past that empty field that once was Astroworld. That's a whole 'nother thread in itself! Originally Posted by Zane D. Grayson
Yep glad I'm not the only one that remembered Videocity. It held it's own for awhile.
  • TheDr
  • 10-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Yeah, it was all Beyoncé for like 5 days while they changed over and then it switched to the old school hip hop format. I've been listening to satellite radio for so long, it feels kinda strange to listen to a local broadcast again. Originally Posted by Zane D. Grayson
Yeah I'm all satellite radio but that's damn good to know. Can never get enuff of old school hip hop. Some Tribe Called Quest, Outcast, Wu-Tang Clan, early LL Cool J, Whodini. Yezzir!!
Houston has enough rap/hip hop stations