Bazookas or Temptations for a party?

• red23
  • 02-18-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm usually traveling and really don't know which strip clubs to recommend to a party of 10 guys in my own home town. Any suggestions??
Depart KC, go to Club Orleans in Topeka, find Big Mike, be cool, tell him why you're there and what you're celebrating. He'll make sure you are well taken care of . . .
Depart KC, go to Club Orleans in Topeka, find Big Mike, be cool, tell him why you're there and what you're celebrating. He'll make sure you are well taken care of . . . Originally Posted by Jackie Devlin
I agree Jackie Big Mike is awesome and will work with you. It also is a great party place lmao I am a regular
I haven't been there forever. I would take their advice though from what I remember and now even more so with the new laws, head to Kansas.
Topeka Sports Bar and Cabaret will host a party too but I agree with Jackie, head to Club Orleans if you can. You'll have a good time.

Jack
Topeka Sports Bar and Cabaret will host a party too but I agree with Jackie, head to Club Orleans if you can. You'll have a good time.

Jack Originally Posted by ksjack
Nothing against Topeka Sports Bar and Cabaret but I would not send anybody out in that neck of the woods unless they were packing heat. Rough part of town at that time of the night.

Besides Club Orleans has the Rockstar bottle booth. $150 and a bottle and its yours for the night 3 couches and awesome view of the stage.
Nothing against Topeka Sports Bar and Cabaret but I would not send anybody out in that neck of the woods unless they were packing heat. Rough part of town at that time of the night.

Besides Club Orleans has the Rockstar bottle booth. $150 and a bottle and its yours for the night 3 couches and awesome view of the stage. Originally Posted by Oenghus
Been there dozens of times, never had a problem. Ever. Had more problems down by Babydolls, to be honest. The big problem with TSC is the parking lot. Just park out front, don't park on the east side where the truckers park and there are no lights.

Jack

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, I don't "pack heat" inside, but it's always in the vehicle. Don't think that really counts though because it won't do me any good there walking to or from the club. You're not getting in the club packing no matter what so it's kind of irrelevant.
IMHO, it depends on what kind of a party it is. If you are more about hanging with your buddies and looking/flirting with women, Bazooka's is a perfectly fine place -- if a bit expensive. If you are more interested in quality lap dances and the chance for extras, Bazooka's is not the place. I'd never recommend Temptations for a large group. There's always the potential of showing up to find one skanky dancer working. Ugh.
Leo (the name of the Russian owner and not the abbreviation for law enforcement officer) can at times be a little rough around the edges at the Topeka Sports Bar and Cabaret. Both of you guys are right - the fact about the place is that some people really get a bad vibe there and others never have a problem. I don't believe that would be said about Orleans. As for Jack's observation about Dolls, now that Gary is back (ugh), I'd avoid it like the plague and go out to Orleans. Orleans will be at its best any night Mike is in charge. If / when he's gone, the club is less than stellar, IMHO. Again, IMHO, if Mike ever leaves for good they should shutter the place (Orleans).

If you MUST stay in KC, I agree with Questor.
Bazooka's- Nice looking club, usually a good looking girl on stage, $20 Couch dances, no chance of extras there and the VIP is $200 for a half hour but "full contact". Not a bad choice. No booze but the bar next door is nice.

Temptations- Not a great setup, may or may not have a good looking girl and I've never seen a girl on stage there. You can have a lot of fun for a lot less than Bazooka's, but I'd arrange ahead of time and know a few of the girls by name before you go.

Shady Lady- Cheapest option of the lot, and they serve booze. Only a few girls even work there, so you'd definitely want to make sure they would be there that night. Private dance area isn't monitored but I've never gotten extras there. Entirely possible to drink beer and watch girls dancing.

Of course, being in Missouri means your guys have an excellent chance of facing the "Missouri No-Compromise", a titty bar without titty. You may want to consider Kansas.
The outhouse, Lawrence, is, most fun strip club in 100 miles and its byob so you can save a ton of money on booze, full contact, you can smoke, open til 4.
Just a couple of comments. Topeka Sports Cabaret isn't in a rough part of town, though it could be easily perceived as such since it is rough town about 2 miles west of there. It's a newer very well kept building, just off Oakland Expressway on east Seward, it's by itself in a semi-rural light industrial residential area near the Kansas River. Those who go there appear ghetto hip hop types, but it's clean in appearance and security is good. The building and parking are all very well lit. I've never felt unsafe there but would watch over my shoulder given some of the punks that seem to show up there. Having said that I've always found it to be lacking even when the talent is there and have never quite understood that, but would attribute it to being out of the way and that punk vibe. Criticisms you read of the place are valid, but I thought some perspective was needed here.
IMHO, it depends on what kind of a party it is. If you are more about hanging with your buddies and looking/flirting with women, Bazooka's is a perfectly fine place -- if a bit expensive. If you are more interested in quality lap dances and the chance for extras, Bazooka's is not the place. I'd never recommend Temptations for a large group. There's always the potential of showing up to find one skanky dancer working. Ugh. Originally Posted by KCQuestor

Hey now I used to work at temptations
Hey now I used to work at temptations Originally Posted by JayceeRivers
What? Are you admitting to being the one skanky dancer?? LMAO! We all know better ! ! ! !

. . . but it is true about Temptations, sometimes they only have one girl. I used to work there also (when it opened as Ziegfeld's, I was on stage as the featured local act before Amber Lynn) and I worked there on and off for a time and after the name change also, but never more than a few days at a time (usually a day or two) as a favor to Louie or Frank when they couldn't pull girls in for a shift. Yes, that was a while ago, but some things never change, they seem to have trouble finding (the right) girls . . . and occasionally it is as quiet as a hooker in a holding cell in there.

Kisses!

- Jackie
Just a couple of comments. Topeka Sports Cabaret isn't in a rough part of town, though it could be easily perceived as such since it is rough town about 2 miles west of there. It's a newer very well kept building, just off Oakland Expressway on east Seward, it's by itself in a semi-rural light industrial residential area near the Kansas River. Those who go there appear ghetto hip hop types, but it's clean in appearance and security is good. The building and parking are all very well lit. I've never felt unsafe there but would watch over my shoulder given some of the punks that seem to show up there. Having said that I've always found it to be lacking even when the talent is there and have never quite understood that, but would attribute it to being out of the way and that punk vibe. Criticisms you read of the place are valid, but I thought some perspective was needed here. Originally Posted by bartipero
Pretty much dead on accurate. The east parking area is pretty poorly lit, though, but that's generally for the truckers anyway. I do agree with the normal clientele there. You have to watch that a little bit, but it's a SC, what else is new???

Most of the talent is 7 or under, mostly under. I attribute that to the clientele as well, they simply are cheap bastards and the girls can work at Babydolls (when there are races) or Club Orleans and pull a hell of a lot more money with a lot less effort. Having said that, I've never gotten take out at any of the Topeka clubs except TSC so if that's what you're looking for it's available with a little game (and some money).

Jack