NWA SCENIC VIEWS

HEY GUYS

I'm hoping to see some of NWA's most breathtaking views of the natural state while I'm in town for a short stay. Any suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks
Here you go!

Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art

There’s lots of natural beauty around Bobby Hopper Tunnel’s southbound entrance.
Beaver Lake especially up around the Dam and the Lost Bridge area. Also “Hog Scald” area of the Clifty arm of the lake.
If you like to fish and brought your rod and reel, check out Beaver Lake. There are lots of different species to go after - largemouth, stripers, etc. The catfishing is really good too. All surrounded by some of the most beautifully natural vistas in NWA. War Eagle, Rocky Branch, and Hickory Creek have some good spots.
If you want some adventure in your tour of NWA. I would say Hot Tub Double. Might end up in a mud or oil wrestling event! Lol
What breathtaking views did you wind up taking in during your short stay, Tory?
Here you go!

Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art

<snippage>

Originally Posted by Exchequer
That one (Grant Wood's "American Gothic") shouldn't be in NWA. It's in the permanent collection of the Art Institute of Chicago (or at least was back when I saw it there up close and personal thirty years ago while living in Chicago).

Cheers,

bcg
But did the Chicago one have her head flinging off! LOL!

I have seen it there also. Art Institute of Chicago is a nice place. Hot Summer may be going to Chi-Town soon!

That one (Grant Wood's "American Gothic") shouldn't be in NWA. It's in the permanent collection of the Art Institute of Chicago (or at least was back when I saw it there up close and personal thirty years ago while living in Chicago).

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
But did the Chicago one have her head flinging off! LOL! Originally Posted by Exchequer
That version's in the secret collection in the back of the museum.

Cheers,

bcg
I went to the actual "gothic" house..its near the border of Iowa & Missouri..was cool!

But NW Arkansas is beautiful scenery...I luv the upper springdale areas!!
I guess Tory didn't get to see any of them. That's a shame, there is a lot of scenic beauty in NWA. I was wondering how she'd be able to get them in on a one day trip anyway. Maybe next time.