With all the modern technology why does it take so long

To count the vote. To me that seems ridiculous.
Some states won't count mail-in/absentee votes until the polls close. They have to be be done by hand.
There can be millions of them.
To count the vote. To me that seems ridiculous. Originally Posted by oilfieldace
It takes time for dems to figure out how many votes they lost by.
Some states won't count mail-in/absentee votes until the polls close. They have to be be done by hand.
There can be millions of them. Originally Posted by Tigbitties38
There shouldn’t ever bea million mail in votes
  • WTF
  • 11-07-2022, 09:01 PM
There shouldn’t ever bea million mail in votes Originally Posted by oilfieldace
Why not?
Why not? Originally Posted by WTF

with or without a date on the ballot?
with or without a signature on file?
with or without requesting a mail-in ballot?
with or without still living at the address the ballot you didn't ask for was mailed to?

did ya vote yet? did ya have to show that "racist" photo id to vote?

did ya think it was "racist"?

i didn't.
To count the vote. To me that seems ridiculous. Originally Posted by oilfieldace
I could not agree more with that thought.

The 2020 election took place during the hysteria surrounding the pandemic. Mail in ballots and public drop off points were responses to that fear and panic.

Two years later on, we are beyond that. The need for widespread mail in ballots no longer exists. There will always be a need for absentee ballots, and some mail in voting for the infirm citizens among us (can we still use the term "Shut-Ins?"), but:

As President Clinton famously said in another context, "It should be safe. legal and rare . . .".
  • WTF
  • 11-08-2022, 12:40 PM
with or without a date on the ballot?
with or without a signature on file?
with or without requesting a mail-in ballot?
with or without still living at the address the ballot you didn't ask for was mailed to?

did ya vote yet? did ya have to show that "racist" photo id to vote?

did ya think it was "racist"?

i didn't. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
I personally think any legal citizens should be able to vote. Instead of a DL on file....you should just have a DNA sample on file. I in fact believe prisoners should be able to vote unless convicted of treason

I also think your exactly the kind of juror that the Proscution were looking for in the classic, " To Kill A Mockingbird "
I personally think any legal citizens should be able to vote. Instead of a DL on file....you should just have a DNA sample on file. I in fact believe prisoners should be able to vote unless convicted of treason

I also think your exactly the kind of juror that the Proscution were looking for in the classic, " To Kill A Mockingbird " Originally Posted by WTF

if you say so Atticus Finch.

bahahhaaa

so i presume by "legal citizens" you also do not support illegals voting? sorry but in TWK's America felons don't vote. certainly not felons convicted of violent crimes.

dna. interesting. would you mean using a dna sample on election day to validate a person's identity and thus right to vote? if you could show me a technology that was reliable and fast i'd be all for that.

why does it take so long? technology isn't flawless. there's already a tech snafu of some sort in Arizona where at least one voting site has about 20% of the machines malfunctioning. so the backup plan i'm hearing is the ballots are hand done and stored in a secure lockbox until they can be processed.

France btw doesn't allow mail-in ballots, uses old school paper ballots and they manage to process and announce their elections results within 24 hours.

those gotdam frenchys!!

bahahahhaaa
Why not? Originally Posted by WTF
If you don’t know the answer, no use trying to talk , 2020 is a prime example of mail in fraud, and yes it was proven , although the guilty party wasn’t really named but who won gives you that answer
It actually should be a lot faster. Everyone knows most of the repuss votes don't even get counted
All of the news stations are saying…….”Democrats tend to vote my mail, Republicans vote on Election Day”.

So this is how it will go. At about 9:00 PM, the Republicans will have substantial leads in key States. But then they will start counting mail ins, and suddenly the Red Wave turns into a back wash of failed expectations.

Just wait.
All of the news stations are saying…….”Democrats tend to vote my mail, Republicans vote on Election Day”.

So this is how it will go. At about 9:00 PM, the Republicans will have substantial leads in key States. But then they will start counting mail ins, and suddenly the Red Wave turns into a back wash of failed expectations.

Just wait. Originally Posted by Jackie S

I understand your pessimism but I do not see a repeat of 2020. Whether it is a Red wave or Red trickle, Republicans will have a excellent night.

It seems already clear that here in Miami-Dade, traditionally Blue, that Biden won, DeSantis and Rubio will win handedly. For the first time in anybodies memory, Florida has turned solid Red with 600,000 additional Republicans to 27,000 new Democrats.
  • WTF
  • 11-08-2022, 10:23 PM
A red trickle is not a big night for Republicans
A red trickle is not a big night for Republicans Originally Posted by WTF

is a midterm loss for dems a victory?