Critique Thread for Photographers

Dannie (PeachPleasure) is one of the first providers (and sexiest women) I've met. We both joined, "the old board" at about the same time, and I've been asking for years to photograph her. I don't think I did her justice with the indoor shots but I really like the snapshots afterwards.

good to see some new activity in here, and i'd say you did her justice. the only one to nitpick is the first one...the blotchy shadows are a distraction from a pretty lady.
Interesting feedback on this thread. Love to hear insight on these.

Originally Posted by Adultlogolooker
she's hot, and that's hard to screw up! you didn't do too bad....generally a strong light behind the subject is a distraction since the eye finds the brightest thing first. get the light on her, where it belongs!
Good stuff. Softbox to bounce sunlight off? I didn't expect her to be this natural/photogenic so didn't bring my shit.
Thanks for the kind words. I burned the whole image and selectivley dodged back via a curves adjustment layer, trying for a moody "firelight" feeling. Many of her selfies through the years are candle lit etc.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the crop on that first one. It breaks the rule of leaving more space in front of her than behind. But with that "what are you waiting for look" it just seemed more suggestive to leave a vacant space behind her. Maybe it's because I've known her so long, but I find this one, more than the others, very seductive; it's pure Dani.

I certainly said "damn" a few times while working on that one!
Good stuff. Softbox to bounce sunlight off? I didn't expect her to be this natural/photogenic so didn't bring my shit. Originally Posted by Adultlogolooker
not sure what you mean by "softbox to bounce sunlight off of"....seems like a mixmash of terminology.

regardless, when you find yourself in a situation like that, you have an excellent large, soft, light source at your disposal in any hotel room… the window.
White foamcore from Hobby Lobby works well and is disposable.
Some B&W of Dani. For years every time I asked to shoot her, the response was, "I don't take good pictures." I think she is a lot more photogenic than she believes. A million dollar smile and twinkle in her eys!

Still waiting for permission from the other lady I shot that weekend though I see she's used some in her ads.

Sabrina looks like a high school crush of mine. Adultlogolooker please pm me. Have some questions about your session with her.
Turn off that lamp. (you're mixing warm tungsten and blue daylight.)
Make her face the window, avoid unflattering shadows.
It's dark, raise that exposure in post. Better yet should've exposed better during shooting.
Here's a lucky shot. I hadn't noticed that I'd inadvertently changed shutter speed, just missing fully sync. My thanks to the lovely Amelia Winter for posing and granting permission to share:

Some more shots of Amelia:

nicely done.
I agree with John...glad to see this thread alive again. The work tthat's been posted has been very nice. Keep on posting.
I hope to post more after she approves them. Here are a few from this weekend with the gorgeous Dallas Bella. The concept for this series is a maid checking herself out in the mirror and then doing "selfies" so all of the images are reversed left to right.

I can't believe I clipped her shoe. . . must have been distracted by something or other.

Great fun! I was too tired after digging all the stuff out and re-arranging furniture to shoot and develop film, so everything is digital.
Another B&W conversion of the lovely Dallas Bella: