Men Promoting Their Favorite Ladies, Does It Sway Your Opinion?

Just wondering if there are any benefits to having a client post "ads". Does it cause other men to say "you know, I was going to see XXXX but now since John Doe posted about YYYY im going to see her instead"?
Nope there's always the YMMV to consider. Just because they had a good chemistry together doesn't mean that the next will.
wks thinck they are doing the lady a favor ... but they are not ...
Actually, it sways my thoughts in the opposite direction of the intended "ads"
A review might persuade me one way or another. The only other way I am persuaded is if a fellow hobbiest with whom I have good rapport says something about a particular lady.

I can think of a few local guys with whom I have similar taste. I also know a few local guys who I know do not have the same taste as I do.

So long story short ... guys should write reviews and let the chips fall where they may.
I almost always write a review. I have replied to inquiries about availability in certain areas usually where activity is limited. I try to reference a review to back up my suggestions. But I fear that sometimes the comments may be taken as pimp like, when they are just meant to be helpful.
  • Old-T
  • 11-22-2016, 08:53 PM
Just wondering if there are any benefits to having a client post "ads". Does it cause other men to say "you know, I was going to see XXXX but now since John Doe posted about YYYY im going to see her instead"? Originally Posted by Danielle Reid
Danielle, I am sitting here reading your post for the second time and wondering, "Did I miss something?" I am really not sure what you mean by "clients posting ads".

I think there are clearly benefits to having a satisfied client post a positive review--just as there are negative implications to a poor review. In essence, all reviews are "ads" in that sense, but reviews are fundamentally what this site is for.

If a guy asks a question, "Any recommendations for a XXX lady near here that has YYY and is good at ZZZ?", I will point out a lady in that area who might fit the search. Do you consider that an "ad"? I do not, but I think there is a positive potential benefit to both the man asking and the lady being mentioned--though I would never expect a guy to take my word for it. I expect at most he will use such names as a shortcut on which ladies to research.

So in truth I don't know what kind of postings you do consider "ads", and would like to understand. I get the feeling you are referring to some specific recent posts.

Actually, it sways my thoughts in the opposite direction of the intended "ads" Originally Posted by dj8rocks
^^^^ Yes. This -
It depends on who the hobbiest is that makes the post.
Danielle, I am sitting here reading your post for the second time and wondering, "Did I miss something?" I am really not sure what you mean by "clients posting ads".

I think there are clearly benefits to having a satisfied client post a positive review--just as there are negative implications to a poor review. In essence, all reviews are "ads" in that sense, but reviews are fundamentally what this site is for.

If a guy asks a question, "Any recommendations for a XXX lady near here that has YYY and is good at ZZZ?", I will point out a lady in that area who might fit the search. Do you consider that an "ad"? I do not, but I think there is a positive potential benefit to both the man asking and the lady being mentioned--though I would never expect a guy to take my word for it. I expect at most he will use such names as a shortcut on which ladies to research.

So in truth I don't know what kind of postings you do consider "ads", and would like to understand. I get the feeling you are referring to some specific recent posts.

Originally Posted by Old-T
I'm not talking about reviews or answering questions about "which provider should I see". I'm talking about the Sir White Knights of dicktown copying a ladies ad and reposting it in Coed telling guys they need to see her. Or PMing men in a certain area trying to get them to see their main squeeze. Or making random threads about a provider demanding she gets more regonition because she's "the best". There are also guys that post in their ATF's threads bumping it to the top so her name is always seen.

Reviews are fine. Recommendations are fine. I'm asking if a guy goes out of his way to promote a lady, will it cause other men to think "I wanna see her because dick #1 said I should". That's my question
  • Old-T
  • 11-23-2016, 05:24 AM
OK, thanks. I haven't seen much of that, but in general I would be ambivalent to it. It certainly wouldn't increase my odds of seeing her, unless as Rufus said it is a guy I put a lot of trust in already--someone who I know his preferences closely align with mine.
What catches my attention is a review by a hobbyist with some credibility (several accepted reviews)
The morons that do that kind of stuff never sway my opinion, one way or the other. I make my own stupid decisions!!
I'm not talking about reviews or answering questions about "which provider should I see". I'm talking about the Sir White Knights of dicktown copying a ladies ad and reposting it in Coed telling guys they need to see her. Or PMing men in a certain area trying to get them to see their main squeeze. Or making random threads about a provider demanding she gets more regonition because she's "the best". There are also guys that post in their ATF's threads bumping it to the top so her name is always seen.

Reviews are fine. Recommendations are fine. I'm asking if a guy goes out of his way to promote a lady, will it cause other men to think "I wanna see her because dick #1 said I should". That's my question Originally Posted by Danielle Reid
I first think that they are a pimp. why would a guy go to that length to promote a provider they like? post up a review, be honest and in return give me a reference. there is no reason for me to go further, it is weird and creepy to me.
I'm with those that feel it is a disadvantage if anything. I would think they are either a pimp or WK, not good in either case. Even if it caught my attention I would research further and it would be the reviews from trusted mongers and recommendations that would influence my decision. I also think a large percentage of reviews are overly flattering and written by WKs so I don't put too much weight into reviews from unfamiliar sources.