WTF humiliated by new California Law!

• WTF
  • 09-26-2019, 11:37 PM
If they are half the price of cabs something doesn't add up! I feel so sorry for the poor bastards I usually tip them 50% to help a brother out. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Yea , probably like you tip your 'independent' Asian hookers

. Originally Posted by WTF
I usually tip them well, also, so you are correct.

Shame you intentionally misclassify your workforce but the law is catching up to your game. I'd start papering over some of your most egregious cases so the bill for back taxes isn't too large.
Now WTF cannot misclassify his employees as contractors and exploit them without it being obvious he is doing something horrible. Other states, hopefully Texas, will soon follow and put him out of business. By humiliating the labor scofflaw WTF, California has finally done something right.
Originally Posted by friendly fred

i'm not getting this point about WTF?
i'm not getting this point about WTF? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I gather it refers to him paying workers as Contract instead of Employees.. no idea if there is any truth to that
  • WTF
  • 09-27-2019, 08:54 AM
ff thinks that plumbers, carpenters and the like are not contract labor.

So if you hire one to redo your toilet or add an addition to your house.....they are your employees! Evidently a plumber fucked his wife while he was fucking Asian hookers fresh off the boat.

• WTF
  • 09-27-2019, 08:57 AM
I gather it refers to him paying workers as Contract instead of Employees.. no idea if there is any truth to that Originally Posted by Chung Tran
There is no truth to it but when friendly fred has trouble matching up wits....he goes into parrot mode.

Wtf thinks we should have open borders so he can keep exploiting illegals by hiring cheap subcontractors who pay starvation wages to build his million-dollar McMansions around H-town.

But wtf is not responsible for who his subs hire or whether they are breaking the law because their employee I-9s are fake.
  • WTF
  • 09-27-2019, 10:47 AM
Wtf thinks we should have open borders so he can keep exploiting illegals by hiring cheap subcontractors who pay starvation wages to build his million-dollar McMansions around H-town.

But wtf is not responsible for who his subs hire or whether they are breaking the law because their employee I-9s are fake. Originally Posted by lustylad
Was Trump responsible for the illegal aliens he hired at his hotels and golf courses? Are you responsible for the dishwashers where you eat?

I gather it refers to him paying workers as Contract instead of Employees.. no idea if there is any truth to that Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Yes, that is exactly what he does when he builds his houses. Instead of fairly paying American workers the prevailing wage with benefits as well as SS and Medicare withholding, even though he could reasonably be presented as their controlling employer, he callously and willfully miscategorizes them as contractors in clear violation of Federal and State law.

But wtf is not responsible for who his subs hire or whether they are breaking the law because their employee I-9s are fake. Originally Posted by lustylad
That is exactly what he does and he should be ashamed of himself!
Are you responsible for the dishwashers where you eat? Originally Posted by WTF
How ridiculous is that?

That is not an employer-employee relationship!

The restaurant owner/manager who tells the poor dishwashers that they are "contractors" is responsible to them and should be forced to pay their taxes for them.
  • WTF
  • 09-27-2019, 06:10 PM
How ridiculous is that?

. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Finally , you almost get it.

Just like when you hire a plumber to do the plumbing on a new house, That is not an employer-employee relationship! You have no control over who he hires....Jesus Drop Dead Fred, get a grip.

They work for a couple of days, come back months later and install the rest of the piping
. Same with Roofers and carpenters and landscapers.

A large company like David Weekly or Trump properties, you could make a case they are employees. .

ff thinks that plumbers, carpenters and the like are not contract labor.

So if you hire one to redo your toilet or add an addition to your house.....they are your employees! Evidently a plumber fucked his wife while he was fucking Asian hookers fresh off the boat.

Originally Posted by WTF

are you bullshitting or do you really think that if you hire a plumbing company to do work then suddenly you are the President and owner of that company?

you've said some really dumb things about what you think you know about business but this is right at the top of your rather long list.

Finally , you almost get it.

Just like when you hire a plumber to do the plumbing on a new house, That is not an employer-employee relationship! You have no control over who he hires....Jesus Drop Dead Fred, get a grip.

They work for a couple of days, come back months later and install the rest of the piping
. Same with Roofers and carpenters and landscapers.

A large company like David Weekly or Trump properties, you could make a case they are employees. .

Originally Posted by WTF

No, you can't. either they work directly for you as employees or they don't. there's no grey area here. if they are your employees you are responsible for their legal status and federal tax withholdings and benefits.

the size of a company that hires an independent outfit to do work for them does not matter at all. if i run a website like ECCIE and i contract IBM to host it do i "own" IBM?

. Originally Posted by WTF
Wait a minute, your bragged about going to Taiwan to see hookers!! I never believed it. But you were bragging about seeing sex saves in Taiwan!!!!
  • WTF
  • 09-27-2019, 09:07 PM
are you bullshitting or do you really think that if you hire a plumbing company to do work then suddenly you are the President and owner of that company?
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
No I do not....and if you had better reading skills you'd know that was exactly my point. Me hiring a plumbing company to do one or two jobs does not make them my employees as friendly fred contends.

No, you can't. either they work directly for you as employees or they don't. there's no grey area here. if they are your employees you are responsible for their legal status and federal tax withholdings and benefits.

the size of a company that hires an independent outfit to do work for them does not matter at all. if i run a website like ECCIE and i contract IBM to host it do i "own" IBM? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Exactly , they are not MY employees and I am not responsible for their legal status and federal tax withholdings and benefits. . . as ff thinks.

My point to size is that a large company may actually employee plumbers and roofers and framers and they are actual employees because they have enough work for them year round.

Now if you could only convince ff as to this simple concept.