red flag? inquiries sent to 2 diff providers, near identical response

hi, guys, new here.

i recently sent e-mails to a couple different providers. they seemed to be living in different areas, and only thing they really had in common was that they both seemed to be eastern european.

when i checked my e-mail, i got near identical responses (both in how it was typed and also with a "sent from iphone" signature, and both one minute apart from each other. this weirded me out so i sent a follow up question a few hours later as i figured it might be a coincidence and again i got e-mail responses less than a minute apart from each other.

they both only have a couple reviews each on TER but this whole thing is really weird. this can't be a coincidence, so what's going on here? did i maybe just contact a common booker?

thoughts? thank you.
hi, guys, new here.

i recently sent e-mails to a couple different providers. they seemed to be living in different areas, and only thing they really had in common was that they both seemed to be eastern european.

when i checked my e-mail, i got near identical responses (both in how it was typed and also with a "sent from iphone" signature, and both one minute apart from each other. this weirded me out so i sent a follow up question a few hours later as i figured it might be a coincidence and again i got e-mail responses less than a minute apart from each other.

they both only have a couple reviews each on TER but this whole thing is really weird. this can't be a coincidence, so what's going on here? did i maybe just contact a common booker?

thoughts? thank you. Originally Posted by fastlife
Rule of thumb.. if something does not seem right, don't see em.
It could very well be the same provider. Many use different personas and rates for different areas. It could also be a pimp using one phone to answer tons of emails for his girls.
EWWWWW
It could also be that the ad was put up only phishing for email addresses and what was returned to you was simply the automated response.

Did the wording of the response actually answer the questions that you might have asked? Many times the response will be created anticipating what you would be asking for by contacting the email address. When that happens it can feel like the response was made without actually reading your email ... especially on a followup message.
I use an auto-response but mine won't say what the next person's will say, so your situation could very well be just that.

I won't reply to any email that does not have refs and my auto-response just suggests they do so, or don't expect a response.
...they seemed to be living in different areas, and only thing they really had in common was that they both seemed to be eastern european...

...they both only have a couple reviews each on TER but this whole thing is really weird. this can't be a coincidence, so what's going on here? did i maybe just contact a common booker? Originally Posted by fastlife
If they're Eastern European, then that "common booker" may be the type depicted in movies like Eastern Promises or Taken.

Only a couple reviews each on TER? How do you know who wrote those reviews -- their "common booker", perhaps?

I'd run like hell.
I concur with GV, no way would I pursue any further. Sounds fishy enough to me that I would not run the risk!

Sounds like a PIMP.
Sounds like a PIMP. Originally Posted by London Rayne
Or worse: A pimp working for Russian or East European organized crime -- extremely dangerous.
Do those guys really mess around with BP though? Most traffickers usually have a ring of guys that are only allowed in by word of mouth. Spamming random ads on BP when it could be LE behind the puter, makes very little sense. Sounds more like a web cam ad or a newbie pimp.
Do those guys really mess around with BP though? Most traffickers usually have a ring of guys that are only allowed in by word of mouth... Originally Posted by London Rayne
LR -- Good point. However, I saw no mention of BP in the original post or any of the replies above. Do you know something that the rest of us don't?
Do those guys really mess around with BP though? Most traffickers usually have a ring of guys that are only allowed in by word of mouth. Spamming random ads on BP when it could be LE behind the puter, makes very little sense. Sounds more like a web cam ad or a newbie pimp. Originally Posted by London Rayne
My guess is the spam ads you see on BP are the low end of the human trafficking
Like a stock boy in a grocery store... someone has to put the goods on display.

Higher ups shop around for best prices from suppliers etc...
Agreed, but I don't think that's how it normally works with the big time criminals. They have their own websites.

GaryVee, I just assumed it was BP but actually yes....I do happen to know a lot about what these monsters do and how they operate. I am an advocate for many groups that take it upon themselves to stop the freaks.
Agreed, but I don't think that's how it normally works with the big time criminals. They have their own websites.

GaryVee, I just assumed it was BP but actually yes....I do happen to know a lot about what these monsters do and how they operate. I am an advocate for many groups that take it upon themselves to stop the freaks. Originally Posted by London Rayne
London, using their own website means someone has to register the domain, do the web paging, etc... all that equals "Paper trail"

Its easier to use a cookie cutter layout where you put in some text, toss up a 1-4 photos and use a prepaid MasterCard someone got at a WalMart late at night and used CASH to buy and charge it up.

Posting the ads from an IP are traceable to that IP but these days open wireless locations are easy to find. And you don't have to go inside.. park in the parking lot, post, drive off