So, explain to me please why it is ok to be a complete ass in the national forums, as well as the national men's lounge, but not in the local forums...

Not to say that people aren't asses here as well, but why is it ok to get away with so much more in those forums?
Frankly, I'd never paid attention to it before sixx posted a link to his latest threads.

At least people in other countries can now see what Austin boys are made of now! I'm swollen with pride! I think the Dynamic Duo speak for all of us here!
It's the way the policies are enforced in "private" areas. Men only areas partly exist to allow more free exchange of information for those who want to avoid being "rude" or take the chance of offending a provider.

The national ML is an even bigger exception to the rule where shortly after its recent creation, it was announced that very little rules will be enforced. You can search there for the exact contents and nature of rules enforced there.

Though I do admit to not understanding your impression that you can get away with more in the open national forums. There are no policy exceptions there that I know of.

There you go....
Well, Rand, I could be wrong about that on the Main National. But, perhaps it's because I've seen some nasty shit in there lately. It could be that those folks are getting pointed. I don't know. What I do know is that I'm amused by some of the rudeness that happens here on the Austin boards, but when I go to look at the national Men's area, I'm such a wimp that I almost can't read it. I leave there feeling like I need to go shower off, in order to cleanse myself of the filth.

I'm not certain what happens in the national powder room. Would be curious, not to know details as that's against policy, but just to know the vibe in there.

I'm a somewhat civil guy. I'm here for fun, and have been lurking and hobbying for a few years. Just thought I would start taking part in the festivities here finally. I was just curious about the intensity in the national area, as I've only recently been paying more attention to that area.
Well, Rand, I could be wrong about that on the Main National. But, perhaps it's because I've seen some nasty shit in there lately. It could be that those folks are getting pointed. I don't know. What I do know is that I'm amused by some of the rudeness that happens here on the Austin boards, but when I go to look at the national Men's area, I'm such a wimp that I almost can't read it. I leave there feeling like I need to go shower off, in order to cleanse myself of the filth. Originally Posted by KingSnake
Well, the National Men's Lounge is that way for a couple of reasons. When they opened the floodgates announcing an area with so little rules, some took it upon themselves to exercise their new found freedom there. As with a recent thread or two, what would have been a bottled up "discussion" elsewhere wound up there so they can throw a few punches. It's actually calmed down a bit.

I'm not certain what happens in the national powder room. Would be curious, not to know details as that's against policy, but just to know the vibe in there.

I'm a somewhat civil guy. I'm here for fun, and have been lurking and hobbying for a few years. Just thought I would start taking part in the festivities here finally. I was just curious about the intensity in the national area, as I've only recently been paying more attention to that area.
I haven't seen much intensity in the open national boards, part of the reason is that those who frequent there are there because many of them come from geographic areas not well covered by ECCIE (and sometimes by any board), and they can only get the kind of traffic on the national level to keep them interested. I tend to see a lot of ass-kissing and flirting going on there because many of the guys come from areas so provider deprived that they think they have to suck-up to keep them around.
Though I do admit to not understanding your impression that you can get away with more in the open national forums. There are no policy exceptions there that I know of. Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor
I agree, you could always PM one of the Mods that cover the Main discussion boards. (One of them would be me) Better yet you could direct said mod to specific threads where you feel someone was a complete ass and was not handled appropriately?

The National Mens Lounge is a totally different animal, and the rules there are explicitly established. I'm referring to National discussion boards