Cold showers?

I was listening to a health podcast about taking a cold shower to start your day. I tried it twice and could barely get in. I guess that is one way to save water. Lolololol

I’m intrigued. Anyone else do this?
Both cold and hot showers/baths have their benefits. Ice baths have been trending more and more though. I do cold showers for my hair mostly lol
Cold water is better for your hair, at least when you rinse conditioner I know for sure too! But I may start this. I typically do hot shower in AM because I have a herniated disc and it helps my muscles loosen up and colder towards end of day because too damn hot outside lol
I hate this heat with a passion
Lots of benefits of cold showers. The problem here in Texas (my experience) is that it's so freaking hot that the cold water comes out as just annoyingly tepid.

There's a thing called Cryotherapy, where you suit up with mask, hat, gloves and tube socks and stand in a chamber cooled by liquid nitrogen to 187 degrees BELOW ZERO. Stay in it for three minutes and your surface body temp drops 35 degrees. Very annoying to do but you feel like a million dollars after!
When I first moved to Austin I lived in a converted barn that may as well have had no air conditioning so cold showers were a way of life for me. However, I've been taking cold(ish) showers since I was a child lmao...I've always been heat sensitive. Even when it's cold outside I end up taking a lukewarm shower at best. It's difficult to jump into the cold water right away - also, warm water helps skin open up a little bit to help with skincare product absorption, so if you can't stand taking a cold shower and would like some benefit of the cold water, just take less hot showers, and then right before you get out, turn the water down to make it cold to do a final rinse...but be thorough. Make sure your hair is completely rinsed in the cold water and isn't hot anymore. Proceed to wrap yourself in a nice thick robe.
I am a huge fan of neuroscience and biohacking. Cold therapy, cold plunges can change your life.
Some benefits at a high level: speeds metabolism and fat burning, builds tolerance, helps to regulate dopamine levels, reduces inflammation (why athletes do it after a game/match).

It has scientifically proven benefits if you do it early morning, even before caffeine, kick starts your metabolism in a way that reduces your desire for food, allowing your body to burn yesterday's calories longer.

its not easy....I like to let out a good series of yells when i do it in the AM in the shower...when at the performance center and doing their cold plunges i try to contain myself!

Here are a couple links to two highly respected folks....Andrew Humberman is a badass Standford neurologist and Wim Hof is a Dutch extreme athlete.

I like the Generator Athlete Lab https://www.generatorathletelab.com/ you can go from cold plunge to sauna and back again...

Enjoy

https://hubermanlab.com/the-science-...d-performance/

https://www.wimhofmethod.com/cold-therapy
I have been a regular visitor for years to Barton Springs Pool to enjoy the 68 degree water in the mornings
Andrew Huberman is the podcast I was referring too. Actually, it was a podcast about his podcast if that makes sense. There was a big thing about doing it before you drink your coffee. I’m doing to try it!

And Barton Springs….I need to gooooooo. It’s been so long.