SOMTHING ABOUT FREE LUNCHES AREN'T FREE......

I got a check in the mail today. A substantial check. It was from BlueCross/Blue Shield of Texas...a refund...because of the 80/20 rule of the Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCareTax), the insurance company had to refund a chunk of change. I will cash it. It's enough $$ to have a nice time with a sweet ECCIE provider, and then some.

Why do I think this is the the carrot before being clubbed by ObamaCareTax !
The timing of this mandated handout is maddening. The Democrats trying to buy votes and favorable ratings, on the back of insurance companies, months before the election.
I got a check in the mail today. A substantial check. It was from BlueCross/Blue Shield of Texas...a refund...because of the 80/20 rule of the Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCareTax), the insurance company had to refund a chuck of change. I will cash it. It's enough $$ to have a nice time with a sweet ECCIE provider, and then some.

Why do I think this is the the carrot before being clubbed by ObamaCareTax ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
That's ObamacareTax.

You should probably send the refund to Romney.
  • WTF
  • 07-16-2012, 02:30 PM
The timing of this mandated handout is maddening. The Democrats trying to buy votes and favorable ratings, on the back of insurance companies, months before the election. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Sounds like what Bush did with the Rx for Seniors
Not really, the Bush Rx was a horrendous expansion of an entitlement we couldn't afford. But I don't recall individuals being sent checks in advance of the law taking full force.

Sounds like what Bush did with the Rx for Seniors Originally Posted by WTF

The $400 billion Medicare Prescription Drug Modernization Act is why many conservatives abandoned Bush and think he was an disappointment.
  • WTF
  • 07-16-2012, 02:41 PM

The $400 billion Medicare Prescription Drug Modernization Act is why many conservatives abandoned Bush and think he was an disappointment. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
That is the only reason?
Nope...it is funny you had to ask.