Smart phone security

smart phone user her. Any way to hide apps on the phone. Looking to hide google voice and texting apps. Maybe even snap chat.

Thanks
Novice security guy
smart phone user her. Any way to hide apps on the phone. Looking to hide google voice and texting apps. Maybe even snap chat.

Thanks
Novice security guy Originally Posted by Birdc6c
I put them in an obscure folder on my phone two pages removed from the main page so they are not out in the open. I often delete and reload apps when I think there's a good chance SO might access my phone. It takes a little time but you don't have to explain what's not there.
Yes move them off the main page.
And, turn on the screen lock.
And, have a remote data burn app.

And do the same for your hobby phone.
Seriously, if you have a SO, get a hobby phone.
Have a hobby phone. It just sucks. A cheap burner phone. Don't keep up with tech and apps, so wanted to ask some experts here has anything come up.

I use my smart phone and log in to here p411 and hobby email through Twitter. Use the search for Twitter and then click on a eccie.net post. Brings me to the site and then log in. And I log out each time it clears the cookies and all traces are gone.

Specific apps have not be able to hide yet.
More to the point:

Get the s.o. her own phone.

Spend big so she wont want to use your hardware (pun intended!)
I am very, very UTR and only see a couple of regulars, but I use one app lock program for "public apps" with icons on the desktop pages and a 2nd app lock program for my private apps and never put these icons on the pages. If you want to go BIG, I would get a hobby phone. And keep in mind, that Google Voice will show up on your Call Detail Report as a "call to/from" google voice number. It will not show the destination number but could lead to questions if the SO looks at the phone bill.
  • Bluee
  • 09-12-2015, 09:05 PM
If you visit web pages, use incognito mode (Android, not sure if others have it). There are no traces or records.

Most Android phones allow you to have more than 1 profile that are unlocked by a different swype pattern than normal.

Share the normal swype with SO, so that "honey, I have no secrets from you!" and NEVER EVER show the secret swype to anyone!
  • YoHou
  • 09-12-2015, 10:35 PM
Best way to hid apps is use Nova Explorer on android. In there you can hide apps in the app drawer. That's useless though if you

1. Don't clear out the recent apps list
2. don't turn off notifications of app you are using

Also: snapchat is not safe from feds nor is it safe because images/videos can be easily downloaded

You want secure messages: Wickr (this is phone specific (e.g. upgrading app could delete all messages and you might have to create new account. But this is one of the best End-to-end encryption. DO NOT USE SMS WITH WICKR, just use it's inapp messaging)