I WAS PLANNING TO GO FISHING THIS SPRING....

I was planning on going fishing this spring and its a month or two away and I wondering
If you guys can list a few of your favorites in the area for me.Thanks in advance everyone! MuaH
If you like to Fly Fish as I do then you might try a place called Licking, MO. I am not sure if you are much of a trout fisher or not, but I had a blast!! The link below has a list of tons of different places you can visit in Missouri
http://www.missouritrout.com/montauklinks.html
If you would like to go all night cat fishing with surf rods and pick-up trucks in Ohio some time, drop me a line:

http://www.cincypaylakes.com/directory

It is like redneck lottery. You get five bucks for every pound on the special tagged fish and many of them run anywhere from 40 lbs to well over 100 lbs:

They are big and ugly, so make sure you have a blue tarp and baseball bat in your tackle box.
Well taylor I know it is not local But I take a trip to the gulf every year and get a guide. I have a blast cathing the fish and the resturant their will cook the fish fresh. I usually bring home a cooler full. Of course it is the same price if I go alone or bring someone. Always wanted to take a hot date with me. If this is something you would consider I would entertain it with you.
Taylor,
Bennett Springs is famous for the March 1 opener for Trout season. A lot of guys, and a great river below for floating and and easy day of fishing with lunch on the sand bar. There are a lot of canoe streams in Missouri that have some really great fishing. I like to use a fly rod, but a spinner is also great. I have spent a lot of time on the Lake of the Ozarks, but I just like to eat Trout.

JR Lawrence
Taylor, I guess a lot would depend on what kind of fish you were wanting to fish for. I know of several lakes in the area that are good for crappie, along with several others that are good for bass. Let us know and I'm sure you will get many responses
As an avid fisherman I have a bunch of favs. Bennett is awesome in March. Camp out snuggle up at nite in front of the fire... Tannycomo in Branson is good. Stay in a condo on the lake fish off the doc or rent a boat and float down the stream. The James River for white bass can be really good in a couple of weeks.
So when are we going?
A favorite of mine is Melvern Lake, about 90 miles straight south just a little off I-35. Great for crappie, white bass and catfish. Not bad for small mouth either. The lake's very clean for a Kansas lake as the majority of the watershed is off the Flint Hills. Typically not very crowded. Gorgeous sunsets and sunrises too. I hope it warms up soon so I can put in the boat in about 6 weeks!
How about bass fishing or pan fishing on the Lake of the Ozarks. Sure could hook you up with that.
It is like redneck lottery. Originally Posted by ANONONE
Man, John Galt is going to be mad at you.
I was planning on going fishing this spring and its a month or two away and I wondering If you guys can list a few of your favorites in the area for me. Originally Posted by Taylorsweet
I guess that depends on what you want to catch. And how big.
I'm pretty much a virgin when it comes to the style of fishing & fishing rods.lol
I've been to a few local lakes and had a blast! There's nothing like a miller lite in the middle of the lake trying to catch dinner because burger and fries won't due the job ....& the breeze off the lake while the sun is slowly rolling down my backside. ''sigh'' I thank you guys for sharing your fishing "spots" with me... I'm open for more suggestions. Anonone how are we supposed to get those two back to the truck? lol & who will be willing to fillet those suckers? lol WOW
Count me out if any of those two gone be lurking around the lake lol I'll bring the camera & tape the whole thing!
1812 I tan real easy you think the tropical weather will go easy on me? & I haven't had swordfish or anything exotic like that, it would most certainly sounds good. What part of the gulf was you referring to 1812?
Looking2u4fun69 condo by the lakeside watching the sun rise sounds relaxing and romantic. Where do I sign up @
I had a blast last Summer at Table Rock in SW MO. We camped near Baxter. We did some fishing and cooked our catch each night. We also pooled our resources and rented a pontoon boat. We spent the days cruising around the lake, did some more fishing, partied a little when we found a party cove. The best part was when we got hot, you just pull the boat into a cove, anchor up, grab a beer and jump into the lake. We had an assortment of things to float on, but the larger foam noodles seemed to work the best. You put it between your legs and you can stick an umbrella in the end for shade. The only bad part was on the last day, as we were packing up, a bunch of tour buses pulled in full of Korean tourists that had no manners. I forgot the other best part, our camp sites had some rocks you could climb down easily and reach the water. There's nothing like a late night dip in the lake (with a beer or your favorite beverage).
Taylor you are signed up!!!!! Next weekend?