LE Bust Thru Provider Phone

Been thinking about if LE gets the provider phone with phone numbers and text messaging. What can they do to the Hobbyist if they have there number and possibly text message's? Would they need the provider to work with them and possibly set-up a sting? Also, with the new I-Phone capabilities of recording a conversation can LE use that to bust you?
HOBBY PHONE.

If you are using any sort of phone for Hobbying that can be traced, then you are asking for trouble.
There was a very thorough discussion of this topic here less than a month ago:

"Ever had a cop call you from a providers phone?"

Shorty, maybe you recall the thread -- since you posted in it. :-/
Thanks Shyster!! Must be getting old!!
I doubt that any LE agency is going to put that much manpower and money into a chicken shit misdemeaner solicitation bust. Just because your number is in her phone doesn't mean you have done anything illegal. Text and voice mails would be hard to prove as well. It seems to be one hell of a leap to think that LE would consider getting a voice expert to compare a voice mail to your voice for the purpose of making a case.

I have had a cop call me from a providers phone once. He ask if this was XXXXX and I told him no. He ask why my number was at her place and I just told him I had no fucking idea. He called me on my hobby phone so there was no way he could connect me to it even if he wanted to.
Google Voice + iPhone is a valued friend. (Or even Yahoo Voice, or Skype voice, but less so because you have to buy minutes for many calls.) The account can be "thrown away" to electronic trash if "trouble" ensues.
I doubt that any LE agency is going to put that much manpower and money into a chicken shit misdemeaner solicitation bust. Just because your number is in her phone doesn't mean you have done anything illegal. Text and voice mails would be hard to prove as well. It seems to be one hell of a leap to think that LE would consider getting a voice expert to compare a voice mail to your voice for the purpose of making a case.

I have had a cop call me from a providers phone once. He ask if this was XXXXX and I told him no. He ask why my number was at her place and I just told him I had no fucking idea. He called me on my hobby phone so there was no way he could connect me to it even if he wanted to. Originally Posted by Budman
yea I have to agree with that. They can't make a case out of that not unless you keep talking and give them info that helps them build a case. Make it short and hang up on them. I wouldn't even try to make up a lame story other than you must have dialed a wrong number.
don't ever talk "business", even of you know the girl. If you know her, there is even less of need to talk business than if you don't.

"What is already known is best left unsaid", or something like, that is a quote I like to live by
  • yale
  • 04-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Do not make any of the providers dislike you for any reason. Traceble phone or not. Most keep track of every client they meet. Real name, auto plate #, work place. Most gals never work alone. Look for people just sitting in cars at the hotel, or down the street of a gals home. Tip and ask they do not keep any of your info even if it is an agency you call. Some might have LE hobbiests. If you show up and the gal is not what you are looking for, tip and explain that your wife just called, but you wanted to compensate the provider for her time and that you are so sorry you have to leave.
Where does one get a hobbie phone?
Where does one get a hobbie phone? Originally Posted by Just Dreaming
walmart, walgreens, etc. Disposable pre-paid phones. no contracts
Thanks
just keep your phone conversations short and simple.
PHONES ARE SUPER DANGEROUS lol