Dinner confrontation

• Chloe
  • 12-03-2010, 01:19 PM
So I am board on my 3 hour ride from Houston to Austin and I started thinking about an episode that happened to me last night . . .

I was on a dinner date at fairly pricey steak house with a dress code in Downtown Houston last night. Having to order my side dish seperate than my entree I wondered what the portion sizes were so I didn't get more than I could eat. The table across from us received their meal at that moment and I said to my date and pointed "Oh look the side dish portions are huge, I am only going to order one."

Well an excellent meal, delightful conversation and a lot of laughing later the couple get up across from us and I turn around to the young lady right in my face saying "Do you want to take a picture?' . . .. completely baffled I said "You would like me to take a picture of you two?" . . .she angrily said "NO! Take a picture it lasts longer! With all the staring and laughing at us you might as well take a picture!"

I at this point was completely confused but knew this lady could've been angry enough to hit me! So I signaled quickly to the staff and asked them to please remove the woman who was harassing me. On the way out the guy gets in my dates face and says "You want trouble!"

It just goes to show that we personally think that others think more about us than they actually do. I never even thought a word about that couple let alone speak one and they spoiled their $200 meal brewing up anger and complaining to the staff.It made me stop and think about how often I am more self conscious than need be.
You should have told them you was the Texas chainsaw massacres sister and ask them if they wanted to take it out back lol you did the right thing chloe my pants is off for you.
I'm surprised that I haven't been beat half to death, then, as I frequently look at other diners' choices when at a restaurant to see what looks good, what looks too small or too big. Hmmm, too bad I can't do that in the hobby. "Gentlemen, please submit photos of your spaghetti and meatballs or Polish sausage and dumplings prior to dining so I can decide if it looks appetizing."

I had thankgivings dinner at Crescent Beach. And it was full of stuffy people. I would not a date there. For I felt out of place myself. The place I have taking a few providers, AppleBees, or a place like it. Olive Garden would also work. It may not be as fancy. But others in the place will not even take notice of you. The nicer a place is. It is more likly to have stuffy folks that worry about what others think.

One time at Schaller’s after a boat trip with a provider. I paid her for p4p part of the trip when in line to order are food. She acted like she didn't want to take it in front of all the others in the place. And says whats that for. I say you are going shopping at Wegmans latter, we are getting low on food at home. No one even cared. or even looked as she took the cash.

It is nice to go to a really nice place. But I have found others will wonder what you are doing. So I like going to lesser, and no one gives(a rats ass) or cares what you are up to.

hurry home you are missing the snow!!!!!!!!! hope you are having a good time in TX.
  • Niktu
  • 12-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Having been in Tx a few times this year, I've never experienced anything but camaraderie (perhaps a touch too much friendliness). No idea, but if she was as we say "a larger woman" that might explain it.

In the mean time have a great time in Texas.
Just remember, they take their guns and women seriously.
Wow! Cannot believe that woman had the gull to say that to your self and date. I probably wouldn't have handled it as well as you did Chloe.

Imagine if you told her it was all over her "side dish". Man would she feel silly.
  • Chloe
  • 12-04-2010, 02:30 AM
Having been in Tx a few times this year, I've never experienced anything but camaraderie (perhaps a touch too much friendliness). No idea, but if she was as we say "a larger woman" that might explain it.

In the mean time have a great time in Texas.
Just remember, they take their guns and women seriously. Originally Posted by Niktu
Honestly, the woman was very hot, young short (very thin for TX lol), about 21 and the guy was probably the same age. In fact maybe I did stare a little, they sat directly across from us and she was nice looking . . . if my date DIDN'T look I would wonder why lol.

It made me start thinking more deeply about myself. . . .how I fear one day I'll turn my computer on and see a review saying "She's great if you like larger providers" or . . . if I go out feeling I am not dressed up enough, too slutty? Too conservative? Too personal? Not personal enough?

I truly LOVE who I am, what I do, who I encounter but being a woman who can be made or broken by a bad review on an off day or an alert leaves me more conscious and aware but fearful . . . wanting to be ME . . .wanting to be perfect for YOU . . .this beautiful angry woman triggered these thoughts . . . I only want to see those who like me as I am . . . here I am take me or leave me . . ..when I am hardened I will not exist here . . . .I love to love.

It was 77 out here today in Austin How are y'all doing in the snow!!

Fancyinheels OMG your too funny! How come we didn't meet up for some drinks out here??!!! I love your posts girl!!
"Oh look the side dish portions are huge, "

I got it, she did not like that another women was thinking of her as a appetizer. Or just another side dish!
  • cnym
  • 12-04-2010, 04:38 PM
"Oh look the side dish portions are huge, "

I got it, she did not like that another women was thinking of her as a appetizer. Or just another side dish! Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
It is Possible that this Lady thought that her Boy Friend was the Appetizer for Chloe, ROTFLMAO. The Lady is the Main Course !!!
  • Chloe
  • 12-06-2010, 01:25 AM
I felt bad! Like I invaded her space by talking openly BUT I also felt SO confused as I often do here on the boards. Her being so mad at me and me getting hurtful and degrading e-mails from some females here. I feel attacked by a few ladies here BECAUSE I am a sexual and vocal woman. A provider of love. Do I get much love in return (lady wise) . . .YES! This roller coaster is crazy!! It's the "hardened gals" that hate me . . .the loving ones embrace.

I'm not really good at acting and can't really be anything other than me and I don't want to try.
you just suggested a foursome they would have found some smiles and giggles
I felt bad! Like I invaded her space by talking openly BUT I also felt SO confused as I often do here on the boards. Her being so mad at me and me getting hurtful and degrading e-mails from some females here. I feel attacked by a few ladies here BECAUSE I am a sexual and vocal woman. A provider of love. Do I get much love in return (lady wise) . . .YES! This roller coaster is crazy!! It's the "hardened gals" that hate me . . .the loving ones embrace.

I'm not really good at acting and can't really be anything other than me and I don't want to try. Originally Posted by Chloe
Chloe my dear, stop beating yourself up... there is absolutely nothing wrong with you, or how you carry yourself... IF some hot shot 21 yo is out with his GF and they way to go all jerseylicious on you... walk away... smile, and telll them to have a nice day. Most of the time by the time they figure out what you just said, they're passed out on the sidewalk... Have fun down there girl! but not too much... they cant keep you!
  • Chloe
  • 12-06-2010, 11:01 PM
You're right Docdave I AM beating myself up and I am going to stop NOW! Sometimes when it rains it pours and by the way I am NOT speaking of the wonderful ladies here References checks were a disaster out there with the "Um I gave him a p411 okay that means he's fine why are you even wasting my time can't you read?" and the "We don't welcome outsiders during the holiday times, go home!" and then the random craziness at the restaurant . . .

but now back in the warm ways of cold NY!! Happy now
but now back in the warm ways of cold NY!! Happy now Originally Posted by Chloe
"There is no place like home!"
Wow Chloe, cannot believe how some of Texas providers spoke to you while trying to be safe. Clearly they don't have that happy holiday cheer, and do not care for your safety. So glad your back home....now we can build that snow family That is, if I don't get snowed in at my apartment haha. It's been coming down since Saturday and hasn't stopped yet!