Good Food in Lubbock??

Ok--

I need to find decent food here in this city. Amarillo was easy-- its my old stomping grounds so I know where to go. But I don't know this town at all. What do you guys recommend? I'm pretty open to most kinds of food. I love to find places that AREN'T chains, but are good.
Hey girlie! I just had my first visit there this past weekend...don't know how mobile you are but I was recommended and ate 50YardLineSteakhouse and Orlandos Italian--both were really good. Enjoy your stay, I loved it! Have fun and best success...xoxo Ashley
I used to love this place by campus called Sazon. It is a burrito similar to freebirds and in fact is next to freebirds. I lived their sauces but it is only open for lunch. It's in university and broadway.
Burgers: Five Guys, Blue Sky Texas
Mexican: Lujans, Cancun, Taqueria Jalisco
Tacos: Fuzzy's Taco Shop
Pizza: Dion's
Thanks everyone!!
Yamagata has awesome japanese.
+1 on Blue Sky, Cancun and 50 Yard Line. You can't go wrong with any of those. 50YL has cheese rolls and mini blueberry muffins that they bring you with your dinner that are awesome.
How much I want to "treat myself" hinges largely on how many appointments I end up with LOL!!
Burgers: Five Guys, Buns over Texas
Mexican: Anna’s, Rosa’s Café
Pizza: One Guy from Italy because the pizza and calzones cooked stoned brick oven
American: Home Cafe, Manna Bread & Wine, The Ranch House
Chinese: Lucky Chen, Pei Wei
  • Gus
  • 06-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Caprock has good food and a great atmosphere.

Gators Bayou if you like Cajun

I like Double Nickel over Las Brisas

Love Fuzzy's Taco Shop, go figure huh

Lujan's or Garcia's for mexican

Stella's is good but a bit pricey
Burgers: Five Guys, Buns over Texas
Mexican: Anna’s, Rosa’s Café
Pizza: One Guy from Italy because the pizza and calzones cooked stoned brick oven
American: Home Cafe, Manna Bread & Wine, The Ranch House
Chinese: Lucky Chen, Pei Wei Originally Posted by Tex9401
this.... get the jalapeno tilapia. orlando's is also pretty solid for the area.
upon further review,,,,pei wei? really?
Someone seriously put Rosa's in their list? That's kinda like saying go to McDonalds for burgers lol :P

Can't go wrong with Jalapeno's list:

Burgers: Five Guys, Blue Sky Texas
Mexican: Lujans, Cancun, Jalisco's
Tacos: Fuzzy's Taco Shop (all around good food!)
Pizza: Dion's
Steaks: Texas Road House (I know it's a chain...but can't beat it!)
Also it seems like there are several peeps from Lubbock hanging around the forums. That's awesome.
I love Texas Road House!