Fee listing in Reviews

I have noticed a trend across many of the regional review forums. The Fee section has begun morphing from a dollar-amount actually paid to a statement such as "As Advertised".

In my opinion, this degrades the purpose of reviews, which is supposed to be a first-hand account of that one individual session. In addition, if the provider is someone that I may be interested in seeing, it requires several extra steps to acquire or figure out the "advertised" fee. The information that the OP places in the URL / Website field on the review template can vary widely from their ECCIE Showcase, the Ladies personal website. P411 profile to a BP or other ad link. We all know that the ladies donation/fees rate CAN vary widely at different sites, depending upon her individual marketing strategies. I can see it causing confusion for both parties if the required fee is not discussed beforehand. We all know that particular discussion subject is generally loathed by the ladies.

To the owners/mods here....Is there a board requirement to have the actual fee paid listed in a review for PA credit? Should there be?

I have always listed the actual fee that I paid in any review I have ever done. Do you think it is doing a disservice to the lady not to list that rather critical information in your review?

I am interested to hear from both ladies and gentlemen if I am alone in my thinking on this subject. Or am I just being lazy for not wanting to make extra mouse clicks, just to find out that the lady may be way out of my price range, or worse...way under my comfort level?
Just gimme that puppy, that's all the donation I need...
I agree. I think reviewers should state the actual amount they paid. This is an information sharing site. Donation paid is critical information. I think it is lazy to not include it in the review. If you are going to say how nice she tasted in DATY, then you have the 5 seconds it takes to type in an amount paid to taste that sweet kitty.
In general I agree CC. There has been a couple of ladies who gave me a special rate and did not want it displayed and I respected that by posting something to the effect "personal special rate." Based on the econimic situation this may be the reason for some of what we are seeing.
Just gimme that puppy, that's all the donation I need... Originally Posted by Tiffany Cums
Tiffany, for what those puppies go for we would be talking about many sessions!

In general I agree CC. There has been a couple of ladies who gave me a special rate and did not want it displayed and I respected that by posting something to the effect "personal special rate." Based on the econimic situation this may be the reason for some of what we are seeing. Originally Posted by Bull149
Bull, Yes and I agree there can be a special negotiated rate, as I have certainly had that scenario happen as well. Perhaps in that case we should just display her "rack rate", like a hotel does? (Sorry if that sounds bad but best analogy I could come up with)

Basically I am looking for whether the lady is even in my price range. If a lady regularly commands $300 and up, there is not much point for ME to continue researching her.
  • Mokoa
  • 09-20-2010, 12:16 PM
The various items in the review form are there for a reason. They need to be filled out properly if the the review is to be of benefit to anyone and if the review is to be approved for Premium Access. For me, entries such as "as advertised," "between us," "see ad," etc. do not cut it.
The various items in the review form are there for a reason. They need to be filled out properly if the the review is to be of benefit to anyone and if the review is to be approved for Premium Access. For me, entries such as "as advertised," "between us," "see ad," etc. do not cut it. Originally Posted by Mokoa
Word! I will not approve reviews that get cutesy with either the donation or the activities. "As Advertised" or "See the Website" will get a quick disapproval because they don't meet the needs of the membership.

The same for Activities such as "All I could handle" or "GFE to the max". WTF does that mean? It means Disapproved.

The lady may ask for items not to be listed and it's the right of the reviewer to abide by her request if he want, but he does the members no favors and thus cannot get credit for such reviews. We do leave the review up but the members cannot see what the disposition of the review was. That said, see above.
Word! I will not approve reviews that get cutesy with either the donation or the activities. "As Advertised" or "See the Website" will get a quick disapproval because they don't meet the needs of the membership.

The same for Activities such as "All I could handle" or "GFE to the max". WTF does that mean? It means Disapproved.

The lady may ask for items not to be listed and it's the right of the reviewer to abide by her request if he want, but he does the members no favors and thus cannot get credit for such reviews. We do leave the review up but the members cannot see what the disposition of the review was. That said, see above. Originally Posted by John Bull
Perfectly stated. A while back, I respected a provider's desire to be discreet with BCD activities knowing full well I wouldn't receive PA for my "incomplete" review. I know the rules and fully accepted the decision of the mods.
An interesting situation.

Let's suppose "Bone" sees his atf regularly and she gives him a discounted rate of 200, so he posts that in his review. Then, along comes "Bull". He contacts her and she quotes him her normal rate of 300. Now Bull is wondering why Bone got a better price and is probably feeling understandably miffed.

Also, let's say Bone books an HDH but doesn't want all of North Texas knowing he was crazy(horny?) enough to plunk down 1000 for a couple hours roll in the hay even though he enjoyed himself.

I agree that leaving it blank or vague wastes valuable research time.

Perhaps the solution would be to list the fee you paid but be sure to mention any special circumstances that may alter the fee. Again, as mentioned in an earlier post, if the provider doesn't want the special fee listed, one could post her regular fee, and nobody need be the wiser.
I don't understand why someone would go to the trouble to write a review that doesn't count toward PA. Writing reviews are a pain in the ass. Personally, I've gone from writing them for PA, to refusing to write them at all. My sessions seem to be much better now that I'm making mental notes for an ROS dissertation.
Hear, hear!!! One of my pet peeves. Just list the damned price. If special circumstances apply, then say so.
I think that the reason this may be happening is that some people may feel a sense of security by not posting a $ amount. Maybe in their minds they feel that not putting an amount down protects them should they ever get caught. I have heard people discuss this issue on numerous occasions. I think that the review alone is the admission of guilt if it comes down to it. That is, provided they know who wrote the original review.

Plus, when people post Amount per hour $1234.00, that makes it look as if we could possibly have charged them a different rate than everyone else. My rates don't change unless you have been grandfathered in. When asked for a discount I say, " I'm not giving out discounted merchandise so why should you get a discount?" I say put the right rate or nothing at all.
  • 09-21-2010, 07:23 AM
In general I agree CC. There has been a couple of ladies who gave me a special rate and did not want it displayed and I respected that by posting something to the effect "personal special rate." Based on the econimic situation this may be the reason for some of what we are seeing. Originally Posted by Bull149
In the past, when I have received a "personal special rate" from a provider, I treat it as such....as in "not available to the general public". Unless it is posted by the provider as an "advertised special", I will post the providers usual rate.
" I'm not giving out discounted merchandise so why should you get a discount?" Originally Posted by Ashlyn Allure

Amen Sister!