Ever Have a Provider Give You Money Back?

Here's a random question that went through my head Today: "Have you ever had a Provider give you part of your Money back?" The reason I ask this is because the Provider I see regularly (about twice a Month for the last 2 Years) has been running various "Specials" lately to drum up business. But she never tells me about them (granted she does not have to and I can read the Ad postings however some of the "Specials" are posted after I have made an appointment with her). Nor has she ever told me that I over paid her (like that would ever happen) and either offered to give the Money back or credit me the overage for my next appointment. Now don't get me wrong. I go into this understanding that I am dealing with someone whose integrity is less than perfect and if they are offering a "Special" that I have to ask for it to get it. But I just wondered if anybody out there had the rare experience of a Lady returning excess Monies?

And Ladies, "Would you give the Money back or credit a long time regular customer if he over paid you?"
Sorry for the Poll Run On Questions. The system kept telling me I had exceeded the 100 character limit. Properly spaced Poll responses below:

Men: The Provider offered to give the Money back or if local credit for next time.

Men: Nothing happened other than the Provider took the Payment (considered the overpayment a gift, tip, etc.).

Women: Offered to give the Money back or credit the client for next time.

Women: Considered the overpayment a tip, gift, etc.
Never & if some said they did I would have to see it in person
A provider got on me cowgirl style and stopped, then started crying and got off. She gave me one-half the fee back.
A provider got on me cowgirl style and stopped, then started crying and got off. She gave me one-half the fee back. Originally Posted by Rogue_Gent
Is that not normal? They always cry with me for some reason. lol
Scheduled a morning appt for 90 min, but we were late starting due to her oversleeping. So then we could only do 60 because of my schedule. As I am dressing, she digs into the gift and grabs out the $50 and a couple $20 bills. Says 50s are bad luck for her anyway. I accept the 50 and leave the rest.
I generally consider any overpayment a tip, and always graciously acknowledge it and thank my client for it.

However, I recently adjusted one of my rates the day before an appointment. My client paid the original amount. I doubt that he had an opportunity to see the change, and I generally never discuss $$ during a meeting, so I forgot to bring it up. At our next meeting, I plan to offer an adjustment to compensate.
Yes I've given back before....
I've given part of the donation back on several occasions, and have declined a tip a few times as well.

Had an appointment where, not to put too fine a point on it, the guy was a straight up asshole. About 15 minutes into the appointment it was obvious that we were just NOT clicking. I got off the bed, picked up the envelope, split the donation in half and gave him back half of it.

There have also been several situations where a client planned a longer appointment, but for one reason or another, wound up staying far less than the time he paid for. When this happens, I always adjust the donation to a shorter time frame - one hour paid for, but he stayed a half hour, I adjust to my half hour rate, etc. Not only is it only fair to do so, but this is just one of the reasons why my regulars remain regulars. I value my regulars highly, and make every effort to demonstrate that they are important to me.

On several occasions, a client has brought the full donation while I was offering some sort of special. I always let a client know up front if I"m running a special, especially if he is a regular and I know he may not be aware of the special. I always let them know they can take the envelope back and adjust the donation. Again, I like my regulars, and want them to stay regulars

I am happy to accept a tip if one is offered, but on one occasion the gentleman laid down an additional $100 on top of the donation. While extremely gratifying, that is way too much for a tip. I folded it up and put it back in his pocket, and told him my favorite kind of tip is simply a good review and a return visit
good thread. I have heard of situations where the provider had her phone ring and it was her work calling or an emergency so she returned a portion of the money, but luckily that has never happened with me or I wouldn't be too pleased.
Twice.

One time a lady I saw regularly cancelled on me at the very last minute, as I was on my way to see her. She offered that the next session would be free. Call me overly forgiving, but I consider cancellations to be acceptable, NCNS to be unacceptable, so although when I booked the next session she reiterated that it was on her, I dropped the donation anyway.

A local Austin hobbyist organizes a holiday fund raiser benefiting some local groups that donate to underprivileged families in which local providers donate sessions as raffle prizes. I won one of the prizes - a session with a very popular local lady - after which I tried to tip her. She resolutely refused to take my money, saying "I want you to feel like you won something!" (OK, when I met her I may have said something along the lines of "This is great, I never win anything!"). She is popular here for a reason, a very class act.
...I doubt that he had an opportunity to see the change, and I generally never discuss $$ during a meeting, so I forgot to bring it up. At our next meeting, I plan to offer an adjustment to compensate. Originally Posted by Solitaire
I had something similar to this happen, with a subsequent "compensation adjustment", but never, in my recollection, a flat-out refund.
Had an appointment where, not to put too fine a point on it, the guy was a straight up asshole. About 15 minutes into the appointment it was obvious that we were just NOT clicking.... Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
How many times do I have to apologize for that, Stacy?!?!?!? LOL

Hope you are doing well in your recovery, my dear!
There have been a couple of times when I gave back half and in one case, ALL the gift back. In the case of my giving ALL of the gift back, the dude was behaving very sketchy and I eventually found out why. I detected the very distinguishable scent of a non-tobacco product! I couldn't get him out of my room fast enough! Jerk!
  • Old-T
  • 07-02-2014, 11:00 PM
I have gotten money back a number of times. Unexpected arrival of her period. One became ill during dinner--and on a different occasion I did. A later-evening date set for three hours, but after one it was clear we were both too tired. A couple times an emergency came up during our date.

Life happens, and most the time I try to tell them to keep it because I know most of them are on tighter budgets than I am, but sometimes they haven't felt comfortable keeping it.
Once, when I was a newbie, (newbie on this board but not in hobby), I thought extending a $ special for $$ would mean GFE. When all she offered was a BNG, my little head obviously wasn't responding well, she ended up throwing the $$ back @ me. Like I said I was a newbie, and there was obviously a failure to communicate.

However, with my ATF, we had such a good relationship it was almost like a FWB. She refused to take more than $$$$ no matter how long we were together for the evening and would return anything more than that when offered. She has since retired much to my grief.