Motorcycles and appointments

I have a Harley Davidson that I love to ride almost everywhere I go and this will also occasionally include appointments.How many other guys ride their bikes to appointments and ladies, what is your opinion on this, since Harley's are noisy and sometimes will draw attention to the rider.
I don't ride to appointments because I don't want to be sweaty and stinky when I arrive.
I wouldn't mind, especially if I got to take a ride with you! I was thinking today, what a beautiful day it would have been to go puttin'! I make a great back rest!
Since I only live a few miles from where I play and most of my appointments are either fairly early in the morning or late in the afternoon, being hot and sweaty has not been an issue.Nicolet, I would be happy to give you a ride afterwards,and I am sure you would be a wonderful backpack,lol!Hopefully we can make that happen one day!!
I wouldn't mind, especially if I got to take a ride with you! I was thinking today, what a beautiful day it would have been to go puttin'! I make a great back rest! Originally Posted by Nicolet
I had a feeling we would hear from Nicolet on this thread. LOL. Hi baby doll. I too ride often and there are always showers available? Correct me I am wrong here. I would not think loud pipes would be bothersome if a brother putted in shut down quickly without blipping the throttle. Then politely exit in the same manner. I would always offer a ride. Ladies what is your perspective?
No issues at all you cruising in on your bike, and a cool shower before things heat up is never a issue. I also adore riding and if I have time would love to be your biker botch for a cruise. I have a regular I ride with every time I go to Shreveport and its the only way I truly get to get out and see the country...........
I want to her Dallas' take on this subject
A loud, oil leaking motorcycle defeats any notion of discretion.
A loud, oil leaking motorcycle defeats any notion of discretion. Originally Posted by pyramider
FWIW, my sled may be loud but doesn't leak a drop of oil
hell yeahhhh..I luv Harleys!
Me too Dallas!!
A loud, oil leaking motorcycle defeats any notion of discretion. Originally Posted by pyramider
I am sorry that your parents didn't let you have a minibike.Clearly you know nothing about the sport of motorcycling,much less ridden a motorcycle.There is hope. There are many state funded motorcycling courses available. Check with your state. Before you know it you too can be riding off into the sunset with a pretty Lady on the back enjoying yourself. Or you could just sit at home sniping threads you have no knowledge about. The sky is the limit.
The noise is obviously something that can be controlled but I can see why a lady wouldn't want one at her private incall or motel. For better or worse a bike is much more memorable than a car or truck so attracts a bit more attention.

If your meeting at a two star hotel or higher then what you arrive in doesn't matter as much because it's just another vehicle in the parking lot.
Hey Lucky! If you're ever in my part of the country, showers and rides, traditional or not , are always welcome where I am!
I am sorry that your parents didn't let you have a minibike.Clearly you know nothing about the sport of motorcycling,much less ridden a motorcycle.There is hope. There are many state funded motorcycling courses available. Check with your state. Before you know it you too can be riding off into the sunset with a pretty Lady on the back enjoying yourself. Or you could just sit at home sniping threads you have no knowledge about. The sky is the limit. Originally Posted by Lucky LaRue
I got a laugh out of this response Lucky!!Sadly it is true that people who don't ride or participate in our sport don't have a clue and/or don't understand our lifestyle.
And like you, I always offer rides if the lady is interested and has time.