Isn't buying votes illegal?

From Cornell Law School website:

18 U.S. Code § 597 - Expenditures to influence voting

Whoever makes or offers to make an expenditure to any person, either to vote or withhold his vote, or to vote for or against any candidate;
Very illegal, yes. The reasoning is moronic, too. Sign the petition to show your support for two things the Constitution already guarantees, and has for 200+ years. Derrp.

They really do love the "poorly educated" lol.
Hey, maybe we'll see some more provider reviews after they get their $100 leon money lol
It’s obviously not illegal. The current DOJ would arrest an 90 year old grandma for cleaning her dentures improperly if she supports the wrong politician. There’s no scalp they’d prize more than Musk’s, but will never get it. He’s smarter than their entire organization combined.
you guys might actually read the "headline grabber" articles you post that "proves" something first.

you really think Musk would do this if it was illegal?

from the newsweek article

"While federal law dictates that paying individuals to vote or accepting payment for voter registration or voting is an offense, compensating people for signing petitions or for convincing others to sign petitions is not against the law."

bahahahaa
you really think Musk would do this if it was illegal? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

Yes. Yes, I do. He has done so much illegal stuff, that going into even the smallest of details would trigger someone to RTM for going off topic. But yes, I know that Musk does illegal stuff all the time.

And so does Trump. What with trying to overturn the election, that's a pretty big illegal thing that he did.

Everything the two of them do is illegal.
What’s illegal about it then, since you’re obviously more informed than your own source.
  • Mplay
  • 10-18-2024, 01:54 PM
Is this what you do all day? Lol I’ve never seen someone so obsessed.
Is this what you do all day? Lol I’ve never seen someone so obsessed. Originally Posted by Mplay

No, only on days where work has me tied to the desk. Otherwise, I don't go out of my way to partake in the political insanity of my fellow countrymen
No, only on days where work has me tied to the desk. Otherwise, I don't go out of my way to partake in the political insanity of my fellow countrymen Originally Posted by onawbtngr546
Lol
"Isn't buying votes illegal?"

If so, can we arrest Biden and Harris for grossly abusing the public fisc? They buy votes all the time... and they use our money (not theirs) to do so.

Case in point - can you believe how they keep trying to forgive hundreds of billions in student loans, even after the SCOTUS said they have no authority to do it? That's a gigantic vote buy!

At least Musk uses his own money. Plus he's not paying people to vote for Trump, he's merely paying them to affirm they believe in the 1st and 2nd amendments (something Democrats have a problem with).
"Isn't buying votes illegal?"

If so, can we arrest Biden and Harris for grossly abusing the public fisc? They buy votes all the time... and they use our money (not theirs) to do so.

Case in point - can you believe how they keep trying to forgive hundreds of billions in student loans, even after the SCOTUS said they have no authority to do it? That's a gigantic vote buy!

At least Musk uses his own money. Plus he's not paying people to vote for Trump, he's merely paying them to affirm they believe in the 1st and 2nd amendments (something Democrats have a problem with). Originally Posted by lustylad
Or the forgivable loans she just offered to black men
I'll sign his stupid petition for a hundred 100 dollars and then vote how I want. For someone who is supposed to be smart. Musk does some stupid things.
I'll sign his stupid petition for a hundred 100 dollars and then vote how I want. For someone who is supposed to be smart. Musk does some stupid things. Originally Posted by 1#Ratt
Ditto. I'll take his money and buy a steak dinner with it to celebrate after his preferred candidate loses.