A Guide to Spanish Cuss Words

So, no one can use their stincky finger and rtm me for hijacking... I am starting a thread para explicar las palabras puta y perra.

SMDH at non-Spanish speaking individuals who know everything even when they are wrong.

Here is the Cliff Notes Version: (According to me.)

Puta is a slang word short for the word Prostituta. In other words, Whore. It can be used to call someone an actual Prostitute or just to insinuate they are slutty.
Putita is the mini version.
Putota is the Big Mama Hooker.
Putisima is an adj describing a slutty female.
Puto is a male ho
Putote is a very promiscuous male, Big Daddy Ho. For example... Your square buddy gets in your computer and reads your reviews... Ai! Putote/Putota!
Puteria is the act of being a ho...Example Bruja=witch Brujeria=witchcraft; Puta=whore Puteria=whorecraft Me voy en la calle a puteria or I go in the street to whore. (not literally)
Puta Calle is the ho stroll... Vamos a la Puta Calle... Go hit the stroll...etc.

Perro is a dog. Perra is a female dog, in other words a bitch. Perrito is a puppy.
Example: Mejor una perra que una vaca. Better a bitch than a cow.

Back to the books... Puta and Perra are totally different words and although can be used in conjunction... i.e. Como tu perra puta madre...but have totally different meanings. Puta can be used as a word of exclamation like say you hit your thumb with a hammer... "Puta!" And perra can be used as either a noun or an adjective... like saying mi perra vida, life's a bitch.

Just clearing the confusion on two Spanish cuss words.

Note:
Please don't rtm me I'm not calling anyone names.
How do you say attention whore?

Give it a fucking rest already.

Give it a fucking rest already. Originally Posted by THN
[I]There isn't a Spanish equivalent to that word that I know of. I think you would say... "Ella est pura drama."

I just don't like people saying I said something I didn't. Just like I don't like being accused of something I'm not. Especially by people who don't know what the fuck they are talking about. Kindof like people who don't speak Spanish trying to correct someone who does.

Call me pura drama or attention whore if you like, I've been called worse.

I admit, after being subjected to so much rudeness, gossipped about, fake reviews, had everything but the truth spoken about me... I probably do have something up my ass, and maybe I need to get this shit out so I can feel better about myself. Because I've cooped it all up inside far too long.

My advice to you... if it don't apply let it fly. It's my bone to pick.

Ya but then you get the attention you seek and threaten to kill yourself. Enough.
I'm trying to figure out what value this thread adds to this board.

I mean, for real here. Providers wanting to beat each other up and now this?

Yikes
Is this a Drunken ThreAD? 4:49 in da' morning on Cuban Tuesday? Start the celebration a lil' early eh?
Ok.. let me explain something to you.

You are cubana, according to your own admission. But, you are living in Texas. In Texas.. if I walk up to a crowd of my old friends and call someone a putita.. I'm calling them a bitch. You can conjugate the words all you like, but we are talking about slang-- and the generally accepted slang when it comes to putita=bitch. Puta can be whore or bitch, depending on context.

Don't assume every gringa in Texas is unable to speak Spanish. My next door neighbor and babysitter most of my young life was Mexican and I speak almost as much Spanish as I do English. Particularly when it comes to slang.. I could cuss someone out in Spanish YEARS before I knew the words in English.

You trying to conjugate a cuss word makes me think you learned it later in life.
Pejorative, period.

Give it a fucking rest already. Originally Posted by THN
Look who's talking

I'm trying to figure out what value this thread adds to this board. Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick
I see nothing wrong with this thread, it is very educational, and based off of recent posts I say it is much needed.

Ok.. let me explain something to you.

You are cubana, according to your own admission. But, you are living in Texas. In Texas.. if I walk up to a crowd of my old friends and call someone a putita.. I'm calling them a bitch. You can conjugate the words all you like, but we are talking about slang-- and the generally accepted slang when it comes to putita=bitch. Puta can be whore or bitch, depending on context.

Don't assume every gringa in Texas is unable to speak Spanish. My next door neighbor and babysitter most of my young life was Mexican and I speak almost as much Spanish as I do English. Particularly when it comes to slang.. I could cuss someone out in Spanish YEARS before I knew the words in English.

You trying to conjugate a cuss word makes me think you learned it later in life. Originally Posted by GracePreston
I will take Kitty's word on the translation over some pure white girl who lives in Indiana.
I will take Kitty's word on the translation over some pure white girl who lives in Indiana. Originally Posted by SteveOTX
I'm a native Texan. Grew up in a town with a LARGE migrant population. I can speak it like a champ. My reading and writing skills are mediocre at best, but I know the difference between puta and putita. You don't conjugate perjoratives. It doesn't work that way. Slang is slang and is dependant upon where you are. Kitty and Dorthy, etc... are in Texas. I've yet to know of a Texican who would say that putita means ANYTHING other than bitch.

By the way-- you don't know my racial background. You probably shouldn't assume.

By the way-- you don't know my racial background. You probably shouldn't assume. Originally Posted by GracePreston
And you need to stop assuming things about Kitty's racial background
So kann niemand ihre stinkende Finger verwenden und rtm mich für Hijacking ... Ich beginne ein Gewinde para explicar las palabras puta y perra.

SMDH bei nicht Spanisch sprechenden Menschen, die auch alles wissen, wenn sie falsch sind.

Hier ist die Klippe Notizen Version: (Nach mir.)

Puta ist ein Slang-Wort eine Abkürzung für das Wort Prostituierte. Mit anderen Worten, Hure. Es kann verwendet werden, um jemanden eine tatsächliche Prostituierte zu rufen oder einfach nur zu unterstellen, sie schlampig sind.
Putita ist die klein-Version.
Putota ist die groß Mutter Prostituierte.
Putisima ist ein adj eine nuttig weiblich beschreiben.
Puto ist männlich ho
Putote ist ein sehr promiskuitiv männlich, groß Vater Ho. Zum Beispiel ... Ihr Platz Kumpel wird in Ihrem Computer und liest Ihre Bewertungen ... Ai! Putote / Putota!
Puteria ist die Tat eines ho sein ... Beispiel Bruja = Hexe Brujeria = Hexerei; Puta = Hure Puteria = whorecraft Me voy en la calle ein puteria oder ich gehe auf der Straße Hure. (nicht wirklich)
Puta Calle ist der ho Spaziergang ... Vamos a la Puta Calle ... Gehen Sie den Spaziergang treffen ... usw.

Perro ist ein Hund. Perra ist eine Hündin, mit anderen Worten eine Hündin. Perrito ist ein Welpe.
Beispiel: Mejor una perra que una vaca. Besser eine Hündin als eine Kuh.

Zurück auf die Bücher ... Puta und Perra sind völlig verschiedene Wörter und obwohl in Verbindung verwendet werden ... das heißt Como tu perra puta madre ... aber haben eine völlig andere Bedeutung. Puta kann als ein Wort des Ausrufungs verwendet werden, wie sagen Sie Ihren Daumen mit einem Hammer schlagen ... "Puta!" Und perra kann entweder als ein Substantiv oder Adjektiv verwendet werden ... wie wenn man sagt mi perra vida, das Leben ist ein Weibchen.

Nur Clearing die Verwirrung auf zwei spanische Schimpfwörter.

Hinweis:
Bitte rtm mich nicht Ich rufe niemanden Namen.
And you need to stop assuming things about Kitty's racial background Originally Posted by SteveOTX
I never did. I said, by her own admission, she is a Cubana. Now, if she were to ask me to "guess" her heritage, I'd probably assume she was a Spaniard or perhaps a Spanish Basque. She has light eyes and a lighter skin tone than I do. Plus, the Spanish she puts on the board tends to be more proper and formal than most local dialects.

My whole reason for posting was more of a gentle reminder that she needs to watch out for the differences between "proper Spanish" and what is typically spoken and accepted in Texas. Some of what she puts on the board is a little.... off. Not to the language, but to the local dialect... and it can cause issues.

Locally-- if I were to call someone a putita, the assumption would be that I was calling them a bitch.. but it wouldn't end any better if I corrected them and said "Oh no darling, I'm calling you a whore".
Look who's talking

I see nothing wrong with this thread, it is very educational, and based off of recent posts I say it is much needed.

I will take Kitty's word on the translation over some pure white girl who lives in Indiana. Originally Posted by SteveOTX

Anyway...

Kitty, please translate this for me:

Estás arruinando mi negocio; no puedo pagar el alquiler; yo no quiero vivir más.

Thancks.

Feliz Martes!!!
Just speak english issue solved....

Now back to my celebration of cuban tuesday