Trump Tries to Shaft Working Families Yet Again!

The Trump Organization wants its tax bill cut in half at one of its high-end golf clubs, part of a longstanding Trump practice of using legal challenges and appeals to lower his corporate tax bills.

“It is very difficult when you see someone who has all these assets at his disposal who would rather pay lawyers to avoid his civic duty of paying taxes,”
said Gloria Fried, the receiver of taxes for Ossining.

Tuesday with the town assessor’s office in Ossining, valuing the course at $7.5 million, or half of the $15.1 million the town calculates should be the tax basis for the course.

This is the same course, spread over 143 acres in Westchester County, that presidential candidate Donald Trump listed on his publicly-filed financial disclosure report as being worth $50 million in 2016.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=48179222

The Trump Organization wants its tax bill cut in half at one of its high-end golf clubs, part of a longstanding Trump practice of using legal challenges and appeals to lower his corporate tax bills.

“It is very difficult when you see someone who has all these assets at his disposal who would rather pay lawyers to avoid his civic duty of paying taxes,”
said Gloria Fried, the receiver of taxes for Ossining.

Tuesday with the town assessor’s office in Ossining, valuing the course at $7.5 million, or half of the $15.1 million the town calculates should be the tax basis for the course.

This is the same course, spread over 143 acres in Westchester County, that presidential candidate Donald Trump listed on his publicly-filed financial disclosure report as being worth $50 million in 2016.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=48179222 Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
I grew up very close to this golf course growing up and visited it a few times. Very exclusive. Very expensive. Very white. Very Christian. Of course, back in the 60s this was not uncommon. Hopefully membership is a little more diverse today.
Donald Trump calls global warming a hoax, until it threatens his golf course.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.020d80510397
Carrier to lay off 600 more employees.
Lockheed to move plant from Texas to India.
Winning!
You guys remind me of Charles Zachary Howard...

http://www.sltrib.com/news/5403640-1...calls-for-more

In the end he got what he wanted.

Just replacing your fake news with some real news.
So appealing your property tax assessment is somehow tantamount to "shafting working families"??? Good grief! What bizarre nonsense flows from the minds of lib-retards like crunchyass!
I know - I was going to explain how it's normal to protest those taxes - hell, I've been down there 6 times. And one time they gave me a break on the property taxes. He's so desperate to hurt Trump - he just doesn't know what he's talking about anymore.

So appealing your property tax assessment is somehow tantamount to "shafting working families"??? Good grief! What bizarre nonsense flows from the minds of lib-retards like crunchyass! Originally Posted by lustylad
Crunchydick is homeless. That explains why he doesn't know what property taxes are or what it means to appeal an assessment.
Crunchydick Originally Posted by lustylad
You really do seem to be obsessed with the man's private areas. You're always bringing up his dick & ass? Something you wanna tell us?
Donald Trump listed on his publicly-filed financial disclosure report that this particular golf club is worth $50 million.

Let's hear you try and defend this: Trump's official financial disclosure saying his property is worth $50 million. He couldn't/wouldn't have lied on that form, right? Yet you Trump groupies say it's ok to ask for taxes on a fart far less valuable property. Middle class families need to pay more in taxes to make up for the drop in town revenue.

So which is it 50 million or 7 Million? Thats a HUGE gap. And it's TRUMP who said it's worth $50 million!!!!!

Is Trump a liar or a cheat?

Are you Trump supporters blanket appologists or just too dumb to see the con Trump is perpetrating?
You really do seem to be obsessed with the man's private areas. You're always bringing up his dick & ass? Something you wanna tell us? Originally Posted by Little Monster
Just using the short versions of crunchyasshole and crunchydickhead.
Let's hear you try and defend this: Trump's official financial disclosure saying his property is worth $50 million. He couldn't/wouldn't have lied on that form, right? Yet you Trump groupies say it's ok to ask for taxes on a fart (sic) far less valuable property. Middle class families need to pay more in taxes to make up for the drop in town revenue.... Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
Once again, you show your ignorance of property taxes. In many jurisdictions, the base value against which a levy (often referred to as "millage") is assessed is typically a fraction of a property's current market value. This discrepancy is often reduced when a property is sold and the assessed value changes. Maybe someday you will no longer be homeless and will learn how these things work.

Your comment on middle class families once again reveals you are trapped in the libtard zero-sum mindset. When taxes are lowered, individuals and businesses have more money to consume, hire and expand, which spells stronger economic growth and higher tax revenues over the long term.
Once again, you show your ignorance of property taxes. In many jurisdictions, the base value against which a levy (often referred to as "millage") is assessed is typically a fraction of a property's current market value. This discrepancy is often reduced when a property is sold and the assessed value changes. Maybe someday you will no longer be homeless and will learn how these things work.

Your comment on middle class families once again reveals you are trapped in the libtard zero-sum mindset. When taxes are lowered, individuals and businesses have more money to consume, hire and expand, which spells stronger economic growth and higher tax revenues over the long term.
Originally Posted by lustylad

lustyturd, you got nothing again, huh? Avoid the questions and spew off some ideological trickle-down economics bullshit.

Wake the fuck up and join there real world. Answer the simple question:

Trump's official financial disclosure saying his property is worth $50 million. He couldn't/wouldn't have lied on that form, right?
The Town of Ossining conducted a town-wide reassessment program and assigned full market value of every property in the Town and Villages for the 2016 assessment roll. This was done to reduce the need for assessments to be appealed. The process was revenue neutral, meaning the purpose was not to increase the total amount of property taxes the town receives.

So, the town didn't go by the 50 million Trump claimed on his official financial disclosure form. They generously assessed full market value at 15.1 M.

And yet Trump wants to STICK it to the rest of the town, who are already paying THEIR FAIR SHARE.

This is how he approaches heathcare: tax breaks for the rich. That's what he wants to do to the rest of the tax codes. Goodbye middle class, hello more millions and billions for the rich.

Trump cares only for himself and his business; nobody else. I cannot even imagine a more selfish, self-serving person. Despicable.
Originally Posted by lustylad
I can't speak for every tax district, but the Williamson Country Appraisal District is VERY accurate in assessing home valuation. Yes, usually it is lower than what a homeowner could get if they put their house on the market, but that cuts down on complaints. The assessment if probably within 10% of the market value, and since the taxing authorities have never been in my home, or maybe never been on my property, I think their estimates are very accurate. Every year the tax valuation of my home changes based on what the appraisal district believes the housing market has done -- which in my case is usually up. Since I'm fairly certain that my home is worth somewhat more than what is on the tax records, I don't protest my taxes. It is very easy to search the tax records and see what your neighbors house is assessed at and figure out if your house is fairly assessed.