LTC and Constitutional Carry.

I think constitutionally carry is kind of stupid. ESPECIALLY open carry. At least with an LTC you get familiarized with the law and have to be somewhat proficient in shooting.

I don't think LE is happy with constitutional carry and I bet LE is going to charge a lot more people who support constitutional carry.

I went the LTC route and I train on a regular basis and take classes. Hopefully the constitutional carry people will too.

I also highly suggest getting LTC Insurance and this is why. I pay about $50 a month with LTC Insurance. With that comes 2.5 million in legal fee coverage if something goes wrong.

If you spend $200 a month on range time and training plus 2.5 million in legal coverage most people won't go to jail.

As violence increases the people with brains, money and the ability to adapt win again. The poor will once again be left behind.

God bless you and God bless the USA.
If something goes wrong?

What could possibly go wrong when using a firearm?
Who are you so afraid of that you think a gun is even necessary?
I remember in school days, it was at MOST, sticks or maybe a pocket knife.
I pay about $50 a month with LTC Insurance. With that comes 2.5 million in legal fee coverage if something goes wrong. Originally Posted by Treetop78759
smart and I'm sure you have a comforting security paying this.
I applaud your faith in an impartial and blind justice system. That legal defense may engage to prove you followed the letter to defend yourself as a last resort, but I wouldn't have any confidence that depending on who that was used against that you wouldn't simply be labelled a violent racist, have the judge dismiss evidence supporting you, be charged with hate crimes, now good luck convincing 12 jurors who hate your guts to not convict you - lel, etc. Not because your situation warrants any of that, simply "just because" it was politically advantageous for your state's DA.

Again, I admire your faith in lawyers and the court system. I trust you've never actually been a defendant IRL, yet.

Of course, maybe you and I aren't living in the same country for the past 10 years.....
good luck
Stay strapped or get clapped!
I always have my piece on me and my USCCA card.
It's not about playing fair, it's about winning.

I applaud your faith in an impartial and blind justice system. That legal defense may engage to prove you followed the letter to defend yourself as a last resort, but I wouldn't have any confidence that depending on who that was used against that you wouldn't simply be labelled a violent racist, have the judge dismiss evidence supporting you, be charged with hate crimes, now good luck convincing 12 jurors who hate your guts to not convict you - lel, etc. Not because your situation warrants any of that, simply "just because" it was politically advantageous for your state's DA.

Again, I admire your faith in lawyers and the court system. I trust you've never actually been a defendant IRL, yet.

Of course, maybe you and I aren't living in the same country for the past 10 years.....
good luck Originally Posted by swamptech
People get off on self defense all the time, you just need to know the rules you're playing by. You're definitely going for a ride though.
Texas is a MUST issue state. This is effectively constitutional carry in a safer form. Unless there is some reason for the state to NOT issue LTC, you get one, after attending and passing a class. An easy class. A very easy class if you just stay awake.
Take the class, pass the weapons test, carry safely.
I carry a 1911a1 in .45 for a simple reason: my safety and the safety of those around me. I spend time at the range every month maintaining my proficiency. I teach (not certified) other how to properly use their firearms. I am safe at all times.
Stay strapped or get clapped!
I always have my piece on me and my USCCA card.
It's not about playing fair, it's about winning. Originally Posted by GastonGlock
people USED to
look into the Michael Drekka case in florida
if it can happen in florida, it can happen anywhere
also, tell that to Kyle Whatsisface.
you're living a cathartic Bronson Death Wish plot. That isnt going to wash in 2021, my brother

People get off on self defense all the time, you just need to know the rules you're playing by. You're definitely going for a ride though.

I am NOT saying not to be strapped and fire first. I'm saying when you do, be prepared for Death Row because THE LAW most assuredly will not save you

Yes, if you carry it is meaningless if you dont have the muscle memory to be competent on your chosen sidearm when the heat is on
Who are you so afraid of that you think a gun is even necessary?
I remember in school days, it was at MOST, sticks or maybe a pocket knife. Originally Posted by nuglet
Hey lil buddy!

There are far more bad guys with guns now versus when you were in school in the 1920's.

good luck Originally Posted by swamptech
I have faith in the criminal justice system. I have a lot more faith with 2.5 million in Insurance, no deductible, and can use any attorney.

Getting a CHL is really easy. That's why understanding the laws and always training is the most important thing.

I'm gonna be the first dude to retreat when I find myself in a bad situation. But if I can't, my odds of not getting hurt are greater when carrying a gun.

I do think open carry is stupid. It's kind of like the guy who shows up at a protest wearing camo and carrying an AR15.
The real reason you do the LTC isn't to carry, but so you don't have to do background checks on purchases. You still fill out a 4473, but they don't have to call NICS and the feds don't know what and how many you're getting.
I love these people that say "self-defense" wanna be tough guys. It is easy to say" I pull my gun and shoot him". YOU do not know what you would do in that situation. Btw if you shot an innocent buystander by accident, yes you are not trained for pressure situations how would you feel. You are not as tough as you thing you are.
reflecting on your adolescent years? It's ok buddy, we feel for ya.
reflecting on your adolescent years? It's ok buddy, we feel for ya. Originally Posted by nuglet
You are so silly lil fella. I stop by Whispers place once a week to check up on him. Unfortunately all of his young and super hot stripper girlfriends are never there. Hopefully I will meet them soon. He just told me a cute story about you that made me laugh. BTW. He said hello. Take care brother.