The most useful word in the english language

It beat out all these words too!
Tia's too ladylike to use that vulgar word.
  • Go4it
  • 04-25-2014, 11:34 PM
The fuck you say!
Going to show my age here. I remember being in Junior High the first time I saw "FUCK" in print (not printed on a bathroom wall), in a book named "The Hunter". It was in the public library, so we would all go over there, find the book and gaze at the word actually used in a copyrighted situation. Back then "FUCK" was reserved for special situations; you almost needed a drum-roll prior to saying it. It was a "Guy Word"...females did not use it. I think we need a new really, really bad word. FUCK is used so frequently that it has lost its shock value and true meaning.
mom said that was the first word I learned in kindergarden!
Going to show my age here. I remember being in Junior High the first time I saw "FUCK" in print (not printed on a bathroom wall), in a book named "The Hunter". It was in the public library, so we would all go over there, find the book and gaze at the word actually used in a copyrighted situation. Back then "FUCK" was reserved for special situations; you almost needed a drum-roll prior to saying it. It was a "Guy Word"...females did not use it. I think we need a new really, really bad word. FUCK is used so frequently that it has lost its shock value and true meaning. Originally Posted by sooner70
I remember growing up in Northern California and seeing it scrawled on walls and such, but most times they spelled it "FOCK" I don't know if that was peculiar to that region or just that I noticed it more because at the time I knew the "correct" spelling.