Ginger Harte's Thread about Social Gathering Safety Issues

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2068848 has been locked without comment from a Staff Member.

Isn't there a standing policy that a MOD locking a thread makes a post and states a reason?

Could a staff member explain what is wrong with the question asked that the thread needs to be locked?

It seems a valid concern that deserves to be addressed.
  • Gamer
  • 05-23-2017, 10:44 PM
SusiSquirts's thread asking for input about the social was also locked unceremoniously.

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2068776
I hear women could be at risk here.

I have heard it from many of you coed regulars so lets not hide our dirty laundry

I think it would be great to let it be known this is a problem in our community and discuss ways this can be avoided

Now...how long till this puppy gets locked down Originally Posted by GingerLyn Harte
It seemed to get locked down pretty fast and without explanation which is wrong. Moderation is supposed to be transparent. Staff typically comment on a thread when locking it as well as edit anything in a thread that is not allowed. None of that happened to yours.

As to the question you posed.... I've been to hundreds of social gatherings in Austin, Houston, South Florida and Southern California over the 20 years I have been participating in communities such as this one.

I have never heard of a single case that rises to the concern you expressed. Most are in public places and service is provided by a staff not related to the group in attendance.

You are probably MORE at risk out with friends on 6th street than you are with a group of like minded people from here. Members of this community tend to look out for one another.

I've been aware of people drinking too much and regretting their behavior the next day.... but never an intentional act by one member to influence another unless you want to consider every guy in attendance trying to buy you a drink.....

The worst thing I have seen occur as a result of a social setting is 2 people having fun leave an event after having a few drinks and end up spending BCD time together without the terms discussed before hand and a guy saying "I thought we were into each other" when asked why he did not pay.

I don't go to the ones CK hosts locally but I've known the man for close to 18 years and never once heard the kind of issue you refer to being brought up.

Private parties are no different.... I've been to them in homes, private venues, hotels, etc and never once heard of an incident like you describe....

Name some names..... Who told you these things? My bet is you are experiencing "Cock Blocking" which is very much alive and well in Austin. Guys that like seeing you don't want you attending a social and meeting/finding new potential clients... Or ladies could put guys up to telling you that because they prefer less competition.... Either of those two scenarios is far more likely than what you are concerned with.
Well, I'll never go to another unless the evil one is sure not to come. Y'all don't have enough bail money.
Thanks whispy!!! I just like to have questions answered
Wonder which Mod did the lock down?
One in particular has soirees frequently that are splashed all over the board...
Welcome to the true impartial capabilities of mods.
https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2068848 has been locked without comment from a Staff Member.

Isn't there a standing policy that a MOD locking a thread makes a post and states a reason?

Could a staff member explain what is wrong with the question asked that the thread needs to be locked?

It seems a valid concern that deserves to be addressed. Originally Posted by Whispers
SusiSquirts's thread asking for input about the social was also locked unceremoniously.

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2068776 Originally Posted by Gamer

It wasn't me so I can't speak to why they were initially locked, but both have been unlocked (also not by me). I suspect whoever locked them may have mistaken them for social announcements without reading the posts themselves. Either way, it's been remedied.

Nothing wrong with members discussing socials in general as long as it's not an announcement of a specific event.
Fgarvin has his head so far up his ass that he has no idea what he comments on any more.... Ginger's thread is actually generating a lot of community interest....
Fgarvin has his head so far up his ass that he has no idea what he comments on any more.... Ginger's thread is actually generating a lot of community interest.... Originally Posted by Whispers
I think his comment was about you. how many times do you have to be told...NOBODY CARES????