Accepting CC/PayPal/Venemo/Cash App as forms of payment.

What are the pros and cons? I’ve never considered any of the above but I’m thinking of changing my mind on it.
Has anyone accepted/paid with any of the methods above? Ran into any issues? Did it go smooth? I need input.
  • dmode
  • 01-16-2018, 01:23 PM
I'm sure you're asking providers but I'd like to just point out one big con. Evidence... you're leaving verifiable evidence of transfer of funds to you. That's a good enough reason in my book to NEVER deal with anything but cash. Mind you I use electronic payments for everything else non-hobby related. I hate using cash in general.
I'm sure you're asking providers but I'd like to just point out one big con. Evidence... you're leaving verifiable evidence of transfer of funds to you. That's a good enough reason in my book to NEVER deal with anything but cash. Mind you I use electronic payments for everything else non-hobby related. I hate using cash in general. Originally Posted by dmode
None of the accounts use any of my personal information. Well my PayPal doesn’t. I only use that app for online purchases. There’s no proof that account belongs to me other than it being installed on my cell.
And no, it’s a question for both. That’s why I posted in coed so gents can comment as well.
I prefer it. Used many times, no issues
  • dmode
  • 01-16-2018, 01:42 PM
None of the accounts use any of my personal information. Well my PayPal doesn’t. I only use that app for online purchases. There’s no proof that account belongs to me other than it being installed on my cell. Originally Posted by Cherri Plum
If you feel safe then that's your call. Tracing down the funds to you is not too far of a reach especially since it's on your phone. If you're going to use PayPal like that then I'd definitely get a VPN account.

Best of luck and be safe.
If you feel safe then that's your call. Tracing down the funds to you is not too far of a reach especially since it's on your phone. If you're going to use PayPal like that then I'd definitely get a VPN account.

Best of luck and be safe. Originally Posted by dmode
Wait don’t leave lol
What’s a VPN account?
I'm thinking about taking card payments as well.

But I believe I will stick to debit unless they are a trusted client or established p411 member.

I am more concerned with my clients getting in trouble @ home and assholes canceling payment after the fact than anything else. lol
With paypal, cc, venmo it's possible for a client to dispute the charges and you not getting paid for your services.

You maybe could try a cryptocurrency like bitcoin or litecoin which is anonymous and non-refundable.
Had a client from P411 that did a charge back with PayPal so I use cash app now
  • dmode
  • 01-16-2018, 05:59 PM
Wait don’t leave lol
What’s a VPN account? Originally Posted by Cherri Plum
My bad. It's point to point encryption and enables you to hide your online activity from prying eyes. It sounds more complicated than it is. Google "What is VPN" and you'll see. Basically you can get a paid account for 5 or 10 bucks a month, set it up on your home pc or router and also on most new phones. If anyone sees your online activity, all they see is a connection to a VPN server.

Stick with cashola =)
I believe Martell uses the cash app, you should contact her and ask if she likes it .
Wait don’t leave lol
What’s a VPN account? Originally Posted by Cherri Plum
Virtual private network account

Best of luck and be safe. Originally Posted by dmode
What good does a vpn do? If le wants her payment records from paypal or venmo all they have to do is order paypal/venmo to turn them over. A vpn does nothing to stop that.
  • dmode
  • 01-16-2018, 08:09 PM
What good does a vpn do? If le wants her payment records from paypal or venmo all they have to do is order paypal/venmo to turn them over. A vpn does nothing to stop that. Originally Posted by Golovkin
I wasn't talking about just LE but you're right.

Cash or nothing. Like I said.