Texas Voter ID how is it racist??

http://www.texastribune.org/2013/06/...id-cards-week/

here is the gist of it, it is fuking FREE!! no crying racism or discrimination.. get off you lazy ass and get your Birth certificate, if you can get your ass to the Voting both you can get your ass to the nearest DPS

"Following the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision on Tuesday that paves the way for implementation of Texas’ voter ID law, the Texas Department of Public Safety announced it will begin processing applications for free voter ID cards this week.

On Wednesday, the department will begin issuing so-called election identification certificates for qualified voters. Offering the certificates is required by Senate Bill 14, a measure that passed in 2011 but was on hold until Tuesday's decision.

The IDs are free and will be available to voters who do not yet have a viable form of ID, such as a driver’s license, a concealed handgun license, a passport or military ID. Applicants must go to a DPS driver’s license office to apply and show proof of citizenship. The IDs can only be used to vote, and are not acceptable forms of personal identification for other purposes."
It's not racist and it in no way impedes the right to vote. The libs only use that argument because it affects their base more than the conservatives. It is a stupid argument and I'm surprised that anyone actually buys it.
  • Old-T
  • 10-18-2014, 11:20 AM
We have lost all sanity in the debates about voter ID laws.

The poll taxes, absurd "knowledge tests", etc., were obviously too far in one direction. But we have clearly stepped too far in the other direction when we are claiming that free and easily accessible checks are too onerous.

I find it a black comedy that the LWWs and RWWs are completely opposite on what is "reasonable" gov't imposition on the two areas of voting and guns. But when the similarities are pointed out each side screams the louder, "what we are asking for is reasonable and just, what they are asking for is overly restrictive". Sanity has left us in both cases.
When the D's need ID's that means all their convicts and dead people can't vote. That means they can't vote more than once. It's all common sense and stupid that it's not everywhere. I also think if you are on welfare and food stamps (maybe after a certain time. 5 yrs?) that you loose your vote. Piece of shit get a fucking job! I'm sick of the freeloaders. Now if a single Mom works and wall mart and still gets government assistance she gets to vote. Sick of the Baby Momma crap or the hustlers that they think their job is waiting for their check in the mail. Fuck you!
It is odd you right wing fucktards still think democrats are the only ones on welfare food stamps or unemployment after what the country has gone through in the last 15 years. There is hardship plenty to go around.
Voter ID is a good idea. The opponents would save a lot of money, and prove their concern for the disenfranchised, if they simply formed teams to obtain IDs for those who can't obtain or afford them. But that would require them to get out of their fancy homes and mix with the underprivileged. Besides, voter ID laws make it tough for non-citizens to vote. Can't have that, can we? [sarcasm smilie]
It is odd you right wing fucktards still think democrats are the only ones on welfare food stamps or unemployment after what the country has gone through in the last 15 years. There is hardship plenty to go around. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Where do you "get" this "stuff" you post?

I suspect there are more Democrats receiving some form of "welfare food stamps or unemployment," particularly if you throw in "disability," if for no other reason than the entitlement programs have been a "favorite darling" of the majority of the Democrats in order to entice a larger, and more loyal, voting base for the future elections. That's the motivation for leaving the flood gates at our Southern border open with promises of healthcare, assistance, and free education, even if they don't work and pay taxes.

If an ID was required with supporting proof of eligibility to vote, then their base couldn't get all that free stuff after voting...they couldn't vote.
Typical dimatrurd reaction, you don't live in the real world lexie.
Typical dimatrurd reaction, you don't live in the real world lexie. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I suspect that "my world" is by far more "real" than yours. And has been for a much longer period of time. But keep deluding yourself.

There is practically nothing you can tell me about South Texas politics ... Democratic Party style ... but you will no doubt "debate" the point. I won't.
I suspect that "my world" is by far more "real" than yours. And has been for a much longer period of time. But keep deluding yourself.

There is practically nothing you can tell me about South Texas politics ... Democratic Party style ... but you will no doubt "debate" the point. I won't. Originally Posted by LexusLover
It is because in your myopic way you compare the rest of the USA to south Texas. If there is a problem anywhere else you blame the liberals. Personally I don't give a rat's ass about Texas politics people who are running ect.
Put the ID on the back of the EBT card. Problem solved... oh wait... that would be racist... right Ozombies
Put the ID on the back of the EBT card. Problem solved... oh wait... that would be racist... right Ozombies Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
how else do they know you voted or are allowed to vote?
how do all the people without a gov issue photo ID drive? or have id to show their age when they buy booze, etc?

you need a drivers liscence do 5million people not drive in texas?
Put the ID on the back of the EBT card. Problem solved... oh wait... that would be racist... right Ozombies Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
If it makes sense then it's probably racist.
If it makes sense then it's probably racist. Originally Posted by cowboy8055
no, the gov. doesnt do things that "make sense".
they do things that get them votes
once in office, you dont do whats right, you do things to stay in office,(relected) help your friends(make $$) or ....that's about it
Texas needs to re-write their Voter ID law; rightly or wrongly (wrongly mostly), the lower courts (Corpus Christi/South Texas) found that the current Texas law is "racial" and therefore will ultimately not survive.

Texas legislature should immediately re-write the law that reflects the already tested Voter ID laws of states like North Carolina and Arizona.

The recent SCOTUS decision is allowing the current law to survive just for this election cycle. After that it will be toast.