411 on P411

I received the following email:

Is this a scam ?

Dear John: (name changed to protect the innocent)Your P411 account will Expire on March 29, 2012. Please see the information below regarding your account: Sign Up Date: June 18, 2007 Expiration Date: March 29, 2012 If you would like to renew your account now, please choose a payment option below: Visa or MasterCard We only accept Visa or Master Card at this time. Credit Card payments will appear as Edit by staff - DED on your Statement.

Some banks add a small fee for international charges (our bank is in Europe), usually less than $2.00. If this appears on your statement it has been added by your bank , not P411.

Our bank is located in the EU, and occasionally will trigger a "fraud alert" with North American based cards. If your credit card company calls you right after you’ve placed the charge, please don’t be alarmed, they are just doing their job!
(Staff Edit: Link removed to protect personal info - Mojo) Western Union Quick Collect To Pay by Western Union go to any Western Union counter and Fill out the Quick Collect Form (BLUE form).

Pay to: Edit by staff - DED

Amount: $89.00 US Dollars

Code City: Edit by staff - DED, Oregon
sure sounds weird as I thought that p411 was based in canada and not in Europe. Hopefully gina can come in and let us know what's up.
Sounds a bit fishy, login tomorrow while they have live support or email them about your suspicions.
A boobytrap!

Need to pay the P411 account? Do NOT go thru that E mail that you received!
Go thru the normal way-that way you will not be misdirected
Otherwise the crooks will clean out your credit card .

This goes for any other weird E mail that you receive.
A famous one is to 're-verify' your account information
NEVER EVER go thru Email that you receive
I received the following email:

Is this a scam ?
Originally Posted by copper
Questions to ask yourself and not post answers:
#1: Same email account you have for P411?
#2: Same screen name you have for P411?
#3: Is your P411 account due to be renewed?
#4: Is the amount rquested the same as P411 renewal you expect?
#5: Is "Adt**" the same as your last membership payment? (Staff Edit: Censored for privacy reasons -Mojo)
#6: Rather than ask on here why didn't you ask on P411?
Yeah I would forward the PM to her, if it is not her emails then she can take care of it and post an alert on her site warning people about this possible scam.
  • SCBOY
  • 03-28-2012, 10:13 AM
I think it's a SCAM.

I would contact P411 direct.
It's not a scam, it's your renewal email.

Unfortunately, you posted a link that takes everyone to a page that shows them your entire Client id, so your account has been temporarily suspended until we get your account secured.

PLEASE, if anyone has questions that relate to P411, just ask us at P411. You'll probably get the most accurate info, and the quickest response, that way.

Thanks,
Gina
and the word Ad** is now associated with questionable key words thanks to this thread. there goes the discreet billing. maybe if the mods delete it..it will eventually get purged from Google's search results
It's not a scam, it's your renewal email.

Unfortunately, you posted a link that takes everyone to a page that shows them your entire Client id, so your account has been temporarily suspended until we get your account secured.

PLEASE, if anyone has questions that relate to P411, just ask us at P411. You'll probably get the most accurate info, and the quickest response, that way.

Thanks,
Gina Originally Posted by GinaXXX
Priceless...
Wow, talk about putting yourself out there. *face palm*