Bump In The Road

A buddy of mine forwarded this email to me earlier and I thought it was pretty cool so just passing it along for those who haven't seen it.

Subject: A SHORT POEM YOU WON'T FORGET

"A bump in the road" .... remember that calloused statement?

I do recall, the President referring to the Benghazi incident as "a bump in the road." Today I heard an ex-Navy Seal being interviewed on Fox News regarding a book he has written about how to handle crisis situations in our lives. At the end of the interview he asked if he could make a comment on Benghazi and of course the anchor said yes. He then thanked Fox News for keeping the Benghazi story in the news, since other news organizations are not. He said the Seals who died deserve the public knowing the truth about the whole affair.

The poem was written by a MARINE CORPS Officer (ANON).

THE BATTLING BOYS OF BENGHAZI

We're the battling boys of Benghazi
No fame, no glory, no paparazzi.

Just a fiery death in a blazing hell
Defending our country we loved so well.

It wasn't our job, but we answered the call,
fought to the Consulate and scaled the wall.

We pulled twenty Countrymen from the jaws of fate
Led them to safety, and stood at the gate.

Just the two of us, and foes by the score,
But we stood fast to bar the door.

Three calls for reinforcement, but all were denied,
So we fought, and we fought, and we fought 'til we died.

We gave our all for our Uncle Sam,
But Barack Obama didn't give a damn.

Just two dead seals who carried the load
No thanks to us.........we were just "Bumps In The Road".

So will this reach every American with a computer? Or do we act like the press and give a pass to the incompetent people who literally sat there in the White House and watched the Seal's execution on live streaming video and did absolutely nothing? The Obama Administration obviously won't be held accountable because we apparently accept Hilary Clinton's statement, "What difference does it make?"
FWD FWD FWD FWD FWD FWD FWD FWD FWD: From Grandma

Would prefer a link to the video instead of this
Thanks for the Share, Russ
FWD FWD FWD FWD FWD FWD FWD FWD FWD: From Grandma

Would prefer a link to the video instead of this Originally Posted by PipelinerTx
Maybe your whore secretary can read it to you.....

Thanks for the Share, Russ Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
No prob, was just giving some props to the vets....
A buddy of mine forwarded this email to me earlier and I thought it was pretty cool so just passing it along for those who haven't seen it.

Subject: A SHORT POEM YOU WON'T FORGET

"A bump in the road" .... remember that calloused statement?

I do recall, the President referring to the Benghazi incident as "a bump in the road." Today I heard an ex-Navy Seal being interviewed on Fox News regarding a book he has written about how to handle crisis situations in our lives. At the end of the interview he asked if he could make a comment on Benghazi and of course the anchor said yes. He then thanked Fox News for keeping the Benghazi story in the news, since other news organizations are not. He said the Seals who died deserve the public knowing the truth about the whole affair.

The poem was written by a MARINE CORPS Officer (ANON).

THE BATTLING BOYS OF BENGHAZI

We're the battling boys of Benghazi
No fame, no glory, no paparazzi.

Just a fiery death in a blazing hell
Defending our country we loved so well.

It wasn't our job, but we answered the call,
fought to the Consulate and scaled the wall.

We pulled twenty Countrymen from the jaws of fate
Led them to safety, and stood at the gate.

Just the two of us, and foes by the score,
But we stood fast to bar the door.

Three calls for reinforcement, but all were denied,
So we fought, and we fought, and we fought 'til we died.

We gave our all for our Uncle Sam,
But Barack Obama didn't give a damn.

Just two dead seals who carried the load
No thanks to us.........we were just "Bumps In The Road".

So will this reach every American with a computer? Or do we act like the press and give a pass to the incompetent people who literally sat there in the White House and watched the Seal's execution on live streaming video and did absolutely nothing? The Obama Administration obviously won't be held accountable because we apparently accept Hilary Clinton's statement, "What difference does it make?" Originally Posted by Russ38
Since you're so full of pride for their sacrifice care to tell us the names of the brave folks who lost their lives at the embasssy. Of course you cant because its much easier to act patriotic wearing flag pins, yelling you're a great American, and sending chain emails. Let me ask how dissapointed were you when Bush sent thousands of American soldiers to their deaths to avenge the death threat that Saddam issued to his Dad during Desert Storm. Let me guess you were snickered and bamboozled with the rest of the Patriotic sheeple.
Smdh...
Zani.....take your commie bullshit somewhere else, not what this thread was about....
Zani.....take your commie bullshit somewhere else, not what this thread was about.... Originally Posted by Russ38
Ok. But that "poem" is nothing more than world class tea party treason. At it's finest. Pimping the tragic deaths of those people for political gain.
Ok.....but just asking, have you ever volunteered for any type of "service" that put your life in harms way?
  • Seedy
  • 07-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Good stuff Russ.
Ok. But that "poem" is nothing more than world class tea party treason. At it's finest. Pimping the tragic deaths of those people for political gain. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789

Left field logic.

But as noted above, have you ever volunteered any thing for your country?

I did, and am pretty proud of it.
I did, and am pretty proud of it. Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
As you should be....and thank you for your service.
Russ I proudly served in the Marines. I also gotta tell ya not all in the military feel this way about the Commander in Chief. When we agree to serve we take an oath, regardless of one's politics it's our choice to serve. So blaming the President for what happens is ludicrous. Many of my Marine brothers, white, black, latino, etc agree that there's a lot of Obama bashing simply because the man is black. It wouldn't matter if Obama saved the world, someone will always bitch about something. Now that said, there are some things I don't agree with him, but regardless he is our President and if I was still active I'd follow orders regardless of my politics. That's all I have to say about that, now carry on and lets go get laid!
Russ I proudly served in the Marines. I also gotta tell ya not all in the military feel this way about the Commander in Chief. When we agree to serve we take an oath, regardless of one's politics it's our choice to serve. So blaming the President for what happens is ludicrous. Many of my Marine brothers, white, black, latino, etc agree that there's a lot of Obama bashing simply because the man is black. It wouldn't matter if Obama saved the world, someone will always bitch about something. Now that said, there are some things I don't agree with him, but regardless he is our President and if I was still active I'd follow orders regardless of my politics. That's all I have to say about that, now carry on and lets go get laid! Originally Posted by oilman12
Thank you oilman for your service......starting a political debate was not the intention of this thread.....I realize the email forwarded to me has some political overtones....but for me, it had nothing to do with what political party you support or what race you are.....just about the people who put their shit on the line and sacrifice all for their country or community....whether it be Military, Firefighter, EMT etc. or whatever.
You're right, Russ. Thank you, I hadn't seen this before.
Ok.....but just asking, have you ever volunteered for any type of "service" that put your life in harms way? Originally Posted by Russ38
As I stated on Memorial day I've never served in the Armed forces but I have close relatives that serve. I will argue that I serve my country in other ways and will put my resume up against anyone's outside of an actual soldier. For example, for the past 12 yrs I've donated (and will continue) $1600.00/ yr to orphaned children's center (will omit the name) and also to battered and abused women's shelters. For the past 4 yrs I've split that donation evenly amongst the children's center and shelters for battered and abused women. The last time I actually rolled my sleeves up was during hurricane Katrina where I volunteered with my time to help process people looking for food and shelter.

Now I do think military service is honorable but I don't think the service of every soldier should be honored and it's a right not to. I didn't always think this way until Republicans showed me that it's actually ok and socially acceptable to reject the service of soldiers. Example to come shortly. If a soldier is a traitor to this country by refusing to serve because the president is black I flat out reject his service. If a solider is committing crimes under the guise of war, or killing fellow soldiers such as at Fort. Hood and on the battle field I reject their service also.

Time and again Republicans take the lead in showing the world just how conscientiously bankrupt they are: