Tennessee Weather....

Hello Tennessee-ians (is that what you guys are called down there? )

As I am finishing up my midwest tours, I am looking to fly south for the winter, weather permitting (and only for a few days at a time lol). What are the winters like down there? No snow right?

I would love to come and visit the area sometime at the beginning of next year as long as you guys don't have nasty winters!

Educate me, please

Lux
Hello Tennessee-ians (is that what you guys are called down there? ) Originally Posted by luxurie4u
The Nashvegas daily newspaper is The Tennesseean, for what it's worth. That's the form I use. But I'm pretty flexible; if you want to call us something else, that's cool by me. (Just don't call us late to dinner. )

As I am finishing up my midwest tours, I am looking to fly south for the winter, weather permitting (and only for a few days at a time lol). What are the winters like down there? No snow right?

I would love to come and visit the area sometime at the beginning of next year as long as you guys don't have nasty winters!

Educate me, please

Lux Originally Posted by luxurie4u
Well, Tennessee ain't Florida...

I can only speak to weather in Memphis over the last 9 years or so. The pattern seems to be that we only get a really "bad" snow every 4-5 years or so. Keeping in mind that what we consider "bad" here would qualify in, say, Chicago, as a heavy frost, and they wouldn't even notice it in Minneapolis. Because we don't get much in the way of bad winter weather, we don't keep the resources on hand to handle it; it's easier and cheaper to just shut the city down for a day or three until things clear up on their own. That being said, the worst snowfall I've seen in my time here has been about 4 inches or so in late December, and that was about 5-6(?) years ago or so.

The "good" news is that we had our most recent "major" snowfall (actually a couple) last February; barring a major disruption in the weather pattern here we should be clear of significant sightings of the cold, white stuff for at least 3 years or so.

Temps during the winter will get cold, but not unbearably so. According to my sources (a tourist guide that they give to visitors at my work here), the average temps in January are around 49 degrees F, and about 55 degrees F in February.

But Tennessee is a pretty big state (or at least a pretty wide one), and what holds here in West Tennessee may not hold in Middle or East Tennessee. I'll let the folks with more experience in those areas weigh in on things there.

GUYS: I've seen the reactions on boards in St. Louis when Lux visited there earlier this year. Take my word for this: you want this woman to visit! Show her some love and make her know she'll be very, very welcome.

Cheers,

bcg
TN is wide (about 8 hours to cross state from east to west). East is mountains, west is Mississippi Delta. Very different climates.

Knox is mountains and cold (to me). Mphs has mildest (and most changeable) winter climate. Nash always runs @ 5 degrees cooler than Mem. Both Nash & Knox have harsher winters than Mem and Mem always has the worst summers.
if ya come,you will have fun....winters can be so pretty!!!

{I used to live in bend Oregon & hated winters!!! lol}

and fyi... BluffCityGuy{hes the official man slut of TN}
iand fyi... BluffCityGuy{hes the official man slut of TN} Originally Posted by DallasRain
Official? Who certifies that? I need to express my gratitude to them.

Cheers,

bcg

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy

me / me/me!!!! lol

Luxeri...Memphis/Knoxville/Chattanooga/Nashville all great tour cities
If ya need any help,I am sure sexy Miss babee can guide you in right direction

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
me / me/me!!!! lol Originally Posted by DallasRain
Well, I hope there are periodic recertification requirements.

Ok, end of threadjack for me.

Cheers,

bcg
Thank you so much for the awesome feedback! I am tentatively planning on visiting in January sometime. Looking forward to meeting some of you awesome Southern gents
The weather in Memphis is actually pretty mellow now. We don't get much snow and usually it's sleet and ice if it's anything. For the past few years, I believe our worst weather has been in Feb. Good luck to you pretty lady.