Work commute

http://www.americanspecialops.com/vi...ttle-birds.php

When the 235 speed cams were up these guys never got a ticket !!!
go figure !!
Interesting that an old Hughes Air/McDonnell/Douglas copter frame is still kicking azz, decades later. I'll allow a fair bit of credit to the Rolls Royce engine though.
Interesting that an old Hughes Air/McDonnell/Douglas copter frame is still kicking azz, decades later. I'll allow a fair bit of credit to the Rolls Royce engine though. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
The all new 6 blade rotor and new tail prop seem to have even improved a great craft already .

In 1998 i found myself 110 feet in the air and being trust to by the tail rotor of one such craft from about 20 feet away as the little bird was at over 120 knots .

I had gargoyle classic 85,s on and the pressure from the tail rotor broke the eye ware.

classic 85,s can take a 22lr point blank with out breaking if that puts it into perspective ......
The all new 6 blade rotor and new tail prop seem to have even improved a great craft already . Originally Posted by slickahhughs
Not seem to have, but has actually improved this logistics delivery piece of heavy equipment.

Is not the Apache pilot jealous in his narrative?

The revised Hub allowed the extra blade, the extra blade allows shorter blades; Shorter blades (not much), allows tighter maneuvering, access into smaller clearance areas, and greater power application.

And, interesting that even in nam, the side attachment rails were already on the airframe.

Here's a pic of an older civie version used for forest fire fighting picking up a load of fuel.
The orange thing is the water bucket.
And yes civies want the new engine/rotor blade assembly also.