I don't use rubbers... (keep reading)

I don't use rubbers but I do use condoms. Something about a girl calling it a rubber just turns me off. Call it a condom, a cover, a rain coat (that might make me laugh) but just not a rubber. I guess it seems like something a wanna be thug would say.

Now, a girl says prophylactic, I might wonder if she's been studying for her SAT's and have to check her ID. So, lets all resolve to just say condom.

Anyone else feel this way?
I really dislike usng the term rubbers also, it does sound a bit tacky.
I've referred to it as a peel. ^__^
I really dislike usng the term rubbers also, it does sound a bit tacky. Originally Posted by Raquel de Milo
I agree. Not fond of the term at all.

With one exception. This little diddly from my youth:

"Hey baby let's take a chance.
Left my rubbers in my other pants!"

I don't know why that stupid little jingle has remained in my mind for so long. My first real boyfriend, jeesh how long ago was THAT, used to sing it.

But I've never used the term in regular day to day use. Condoms, the real word for them, is just fine.
I've never even given it that much thought, although I can't think of a time in my life when I've used the word rubber.
How about umbrellas, galoshes, foul weather gear, etc.
I agree the term rubber is a bit tacky I usually call it a cover
"Happy hat"
"Cover" here
Shit, a "rubber" is the ONLY thing I used to call it until I started browsing P4P sites and saw terms like "Cover" etc...and NO, I'm not a wanna be thug either

Rubber, condom, cover, Jimmy Hat, Trojan, etc, etc...it's all the same damn thing to me.

Just like...
Trick, Hobbyist, John, Client & Hooker, Courtesan, Provider, Call-Girl....

All different names for the SAME thing
  • Trey
  • 04-13-2013, 02:57 PM
I never thought of rubber being a thug thing, I thought it was a term my pops woulda used back in his day. I just call it a thingy or condom, I have no idea why I don't have a better term for it. I have called it a rubber before as well, I invite any lady that knows me to let us know if I am a thug. I might be and just didn't know it. Gotta lose my belt now and let my underpants show.
Gotta lose my belt now and let my underpants show. Originally Posted by trey

I know you know the REAL meaning for letting your pants sag huh trey
I sure as hell don't but sure would like to know the meaning. Please share...
I sure as hell don't but sure would like to know the meaning. Please share... Originally Posted by Eccie Addict

It started in Prisons...it was a way to let other inmates know that you were, shall I say, "Good to go" for some back door action

How all these youngsters picked up on it IDK...your guess is as good as mine EA
Put a helmet on that soldier! The late great Sam Kinnison, may he rest in peace.