Rest in Peace Maggie Dog

Its been a tough year. I lost Maggie Dog this week. Those that know me understand my love and the connection I have with dogs. I lost Big Charlie Bear in January and now Maggie. I adopted Maggie in 2004, I drove to Abilene to rescue this incredible dog that was more special than I ever imagined.

I was not sure Maggie would even survive the trip from Abilene. Maggie had almost no hair, was very thin and had a broken tail. Maggie had been abused and starved. I find out when I arrived back in FT Worth she had heart worms. For all this incredible little dog had been through, she still had a strong spirit and even stronger will to survive.

I said good bye to my friend, held her close and she took her last breaths with me. No body ever had a better dog. Rest in Peace my friend.
  • motor
  • 04-11-2013, 03:20 PM
sorry to hear that..........love my dogs
I remember the post about your other dog. Sorry that you lost both in the same year.

TM
Sorry to hear about your loss. The cold wet noses behind your ears or lower back will be missed.
Losing a Pet is not easy to come by. Hope you'll be okay. Sorry for your loss
Sorry for your loss and I understand deeply, dogs rule, its been almost a year ago I lost my baby girl and I still am deeply saddened and miss her daily, my condolences on you loss, two in one year is tough.
I am very sorry for your loss. My dog is getting old in his age as well. Have had him since I was in high school. Dogs mean alot too people. I'm so sorry that yours has passed. I love all dogs. Their everyone's best friend.
Beautiful dog. Looks like one I used to own. Folks who don't own animals, and dogs especially, can't understand the bond. It's unique and incredibly powerful. I'm so sorry. It's tough and there is nothing that we can say that will really help.
So sorry for your loss. Pet deaths hit me hard. Just know you were her hero. You gave her a great life and saved her from a bad situation. Mourn her loss and always keep Maggie in your heart.
Sorry for your loss, and I know what you are going through. I just had to put my dog down last week. It's been much rougher than I thought. Losing one is hard enough, I can't imagine losing two so close together. Sorry again.
Very sad to hear I love my dogs like they are family i would lose my mind if i lost em...saying a prayer for you shes in dog heaven now in peace.....
She was such a sweat girl, I so sorry you have to go thru this but I guess it is good that Charlie and Maggie are together... I really am sorry for this loss....
Sorry for your loss. Dogs are truly a man's best friend.
It will not be the same around your place now....Another rescue dog will fix the void and you can have a companion that will be there for you and another bond will form......
Thank you all for the kind words, Maggie was indeed a very special dog. I will miss my friend, her spirit will be with me for a long time. Loosing both Charlie and Maggie in such a short time hurts more than I ever imagined.