West Texas Golf Courses

Im sure Im not the only golf aholic in West Texas. I am just curious if there are any small town courses that are nice courses to take a day trip to. With all the rain we have got in the region I would bet there are some really nice ones around.
Gaines county is a fun one
Gaines county is a fun one Originally Posted by Phrasing
Yoakum county too. You can actually play both on the same day if you don't mind a golf marathon.
Floydada
andrews county golf course. i used to be the golf pro there
I second Gaines County...Extremely nice, well-maintained course....Never rushed.
I played there every Friday for about 5 years...
I have always heard good things about Gaines Co. and Andrews. Some other small town courses are Idalou and Sundown. Floydada is a neat course
Floydada is a neat course Originally Posted by Raider
The 9-hole "Floydada" course at the Floydada Country Club facility in Floydada, Texas features 3,165 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 36 . The course rating is 70.0 and it has a slope rating of 113. Floydada golf course opened in 1946. James McNeil manages the course as the General Manager.
Had my Class reunion for this past weekend, Snyder Country Club was not bad either.
Idalou is no more. It is now a private residence.
Floydada is great, if you stay on James' good side.
I have spent some time at Stratford, Dumas, Dalhart, and Canyon CC and Palo Duro. It has been a great gold year in the panhandle. I can not complain one bit about any courses. Its been an exceptional year. All of these courses are fun to play.