Disaster aid??

Anyone else notice, when ANY other country in the world suffers a natural disaster, they always seen to have their hands out to the US to 'save them'. BUT other than 9/11, i don't remember much in the way, if any, of other countries sending any form of aid to the US when we've suffered disaster after disaster....
Anyone else notice, when ANY other country in the world suffers a natural disaster, they always seen to have their hands out to the US to 'save them'. BUT other than 9/11, i don't remember much in the way, if any, of other countries sending any form of aid to the US when we've suffered disaster after disaster.... Originally Posted by garhkal
The BP Oil Spill

On April 20, 2010, the Deepwater Horizon oil rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico about 41 miles from the Louisiana coast. The oil platform was owned by Transocean, the largest offshore oil drilling company in the world; it was leased by the energy company British Petroleum (BP).[21] The rig exploded while workers were drilling an oil well in waters close to 5,000 feet deep. The oil well was damaged, pouring crude oil into the Gulf from the sea floor. The explosion on the rig killed 11 platform workers and injured 17 others. This spill was the largest offshore spill in American history.

As was the case after Hurricane Katrina, the U.S. government did not seek help from the international community for nearly four weeks after the initial explosion and spill. The 13 unrequested offers of aid that had been received by May 5 left U.S. government representatives confused about how to respond. Sweden was one of these 13, and was indeed one of the first governments to offer assistance after the oil rig fire. Sweden finally received a request for information about their specialized assets from the Department of State on May 7, which they promptly answered.[22] The Swedish government explained that it could provide some assets (such as the floating oil-containment devices called “booms”) within a few days and that they could send ships in a few weeks. The Swedish coast guard has three new vessels specifically designed for cleaning up major oil spills. “Each has a capacity to collect nearly 50 tons of oil per hour from the surface of the sea and can hold 1,000 tons of spilled oil in its tank.”[23] But it took the National Incident Command (NIC), which led the federal clean-up coordination and the State Department, charged with diplomatic communications, weeks to consider the request.[24]

On May 17, President Barack Obama announced that some 17 countries had offered assistance, and that the U.S. had taken advantage of several offers. “In late May, the Administration accepted Mexico's offer of two skimmers and 13,779 feet of boom; a Dutch offer of three sets of Koseq sweeping arms, which attach to the sides of ships and gather oil; and eight skimming systems offered by Norway.”[25] On May 19, State Department spokesman Gordon Duguid told the press that the U.S. government was letting BP decide which supplies and expertise were needed. He added, “We are keeping an eye on what supplies we do need. And as we see that our supplies are running low, it may be at that point in time to accept offers from particular governments.”[26] During a May 27 news conference, President Obama stated that “the job of our response team is to say, okay, if seventeen countries have offered equipment and help, let’s evaluate what they’ve offered…because in some cases, more may not actually be better.”[27]

(Heritage)

Anyone else notice, when ANY other country in the world suffers a natural disaster, they always seen to have their hands out to the US to 'save them'. BUT other than 9/11, i don't remember much in the way, if any, of other countries sending any form of aid to the US when we've suffered disaster after disaster.... Originally Posted by garhkal
Mexico offered help with Harvey.
yeah, but now they are having issues with Katia breathing down their necks.
yeah, but now they are having issues with Katia breathing down their necks. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
And Tropical Storm Lidia just hit the west coast; plus, Mexico suffered a major earthquake.
ouch... mexico got a triple whammy, 2 storms and an earthquake.
Well i did say from what i KNOW i have not seen any.. Guess i got proven wrong.
  • WTF
  • 09-09-2017, 08:16 AM
Well i did say from what i KNOW i have not seen any.. Guess i got proven wrong. Originally Posted by garhkal
You are one of the few who will admit so! Kudos for that.
Maybe you should learn more before you spout off your alt-white nationalistic shit.

Nations around the world render disaster aid when it strikes.

Pity you don't take the time to pay attention.