Expected Behavior / Protocol for Last Minute Appointments

This is not in anger, but in curiosity and am hoping some members (and/or providers) can offer insight. I am fairly new to the hobby so I suspect this is just acceptable behavior. I will not give specific names or details.

I am posting this after returning from a busted last minute appointment. Often times, I will feel the urge to see a provider and will want to satisfy that day. I understand that schedules are busy and last minute appointments are not preferred. Twice now (within the last couple of weeks), I have set up a last minute appointment late night. The providers in question are on ECCIE (and well reviewed), but have posted an ad on BP indicating availability at the moment. Both times, the provider guides me to text from intersection / parking lot and then radio silence. I wait a bit and call every 10 minutes but nothing. The first time this happened to me, I saw a review the next day for that provider that apparently took place in roughly the same window they agreed to see me.

I fully understand that last minute appointments are not preferred and would completely be okay with the provider telling me over the phone (or text) that she would rather not see me. I get the impression that busted appointments like this actually happen quite frequently. Am I expecting too much by at least hoping for a text / phone call to indicate the provider has changed their mind?

I don't want to this to turn into an argument or lengthy discussion. Just want quick insight as to whether this is common and I just got lucky when I started or if this is not the normal behavior.
Yes...for a last minute appointment, this is pretty common. I've had the same thing happen to me on a few occasions. This is especially true if you have never seen that particular lady before. The risk, for a verified provider, is considerably higher than her regular appointments. She may not have as much time to properly vet you and thus might be a bit more suspicious than usual...this can lead to what we perceive to be "erratic behavior" when in fact it's just a little thing here or there that spooks them and they shut the whole thing down.

So while it IS very disappointing especially when you get a really strong itch you need to have scratched, if you think about it from their perspective I think you can understand how and why it happens. Don't think that you necessarily got singled out or excluded for anything you did or didn't do. Maybe so...then again, maybe not. Just chalk it up to the nature of the beast and the fact that those types of trysts have a very low "connect" percentage.

GL,
V
Personally if someone confirmed an appt. (last minute or otherwise), guided me to a parking lot , suddenly went radio silent and then had a review posted the next day for the scheduled appt. time I would be far less kind than you are being in this notification.

If she viewed you from a window and her spidey sense went off that would be one thing but seeing another client at that approx. time suggests otherwise.

It appears she set you up as a backup, left you hanging and then tossed you in the trash bin for a better option. Welcome to the hobby.

You however aren't helping matters any by not posting the identity of the offenders mentioned. The only dog an abuser won't kick is the dog she knows won't tolerate it.
What Cody said. Once the appointment has been made, it should be honored. No reason for anyone to not respond, especially after you have been given directions to the general location, imho.
You however aren't helping matters any by not posting the identity of the offenders mentioned. Originally Posted by Codybeast
NCNS should be reported for information exchange, the main purpose of this place.

Changes in schedule and last minute cancels happen, and as long as they are communicated before sitting in the parking lot, they are inconvenient, but we all have a life and shit happens.

So:
Not enough information to be of much help. Did you contact each of these girls and give them a chance to explain? You need to tell more of your story and identify which girls you are talking about.

NCNS does happen, but it seems unusual that it has happened to you multiple times in a short period. It seems unlikely the girls you contact seem to have last minute emergencies. If NCNS then it would be worthwhile for the board to know. Without you identifying who you are talking about, this post is of little value.
Thank you all for the information. The post is of value as your replies seem to indicate that it does happen, but that I should have at least expected a message telling me to not bother.

It also seems in general that posting specific names was frowned upon unless actual criminal activity or health endangering circumstances occurred. I didn't want to bring wrath down from Moderators and turn this into a "he said-she said".

I will follow the advice though and PM the providers to offer an opportunity to explain. That is the least I should do. In the case of the first provider, I have probably been relegated to a "No Respond" list as I text each time (just the once) when I notice a new ad. The second probably had legitimate concern as the parking lot was unexpectedly busy that night.
It also seems in general that posting specific names was frowned upon unless actual criminal activity or health endangering circumstances occurred. Originally Posted by CainLagrange
You've got it backwards. You cannot publicly post any claims against a provider regarding medical/STD issues whether true or not. It is your responsibility to divulge the identity of scammers, upsellers, NSNC's etc. otherwise why the hell did you post? Just to find out if getting stood up is normal? You can't possibly be so clueless that you need input for that.

I didn't want to bring wrath down from Moderators and turn this into a "he said-she said". Originally Posted by CainLagrange
Wrath from moderatoors? Unless you are violating board rules what seems to be your concern or fear for sharing valuable information that affects the community?

As far as a "He said-she said" either it happened as you wrote or it didn't. The appt. was confirmed, she guided you to the parking lot by text, left you hanging there and during that general time saw another client.
There is no he said-she said about it. Either you're lying or exaggerating regarding what happened to you or it actually happened as you claimed.

My apologies but you really do come across as a total wuss. This thread was a complete waste of reading.