Dances back to $20 at Bucks

And its back to normal. The pocketbook spoke and they listened.

RCI clubs did not follow Bucks lead so they lost a lot of business they could not afford to lose. Bucks and RCI cater to a lot of the same customers and RCI is the big boy in this area. As long as they hold the line, Bucks won't be able to make a price increase stick. Other clubs that cater to a higher end customer like Spearmint Rhino may be able to get away with it though.
I hope everyone that stopped going there, doesn't go back and moved on. That'll keep showing them. I never been to Buck's or any of those type of clubs that make you pay extra to get to VIP or do some wrist band nonsense or whatever the new thing is at those type of clubs.

I remember back in the day 10-15 years it was a like T shirt or something
Yes, fuck them for trying! I’d like to think our mini boycott had an impact but it’s simple supply and demand with a cheaper alternative on the market dominating demand.
I’m actually shocked that price fixing is not being implemented by the 2 major players here. All the have to do is bucks and RCI get together and agree to both raise prices to 25 dollars and at that point what we going to do. If nothing else has been proven over the years is that sin is highly inelastic, which is why politicians tax the hell out of it any chance they get, people still going to get their fix no matter what the cost. We all bitched and some drove a little less when gas when to 4 bucks a gallon but pretty soon that was the norm and people were back to tearing up and down the roads like they did before. The sleezy SC business seems perfect place for the ol illegal price fixing and surprised the owners haven’t put their heads together yet and implemented. There will be a time when it happens. So enjoy the 20 dollar dance thst has been the same price for at least the last 30 years. What else do you know of that is the same price 30 years ago!? To put it in perspective the median housing price rose about 400% in that time frame. What it tells me is that 30 years ago you old MFers were getting price gouged at 20 dollars a dance. Relatively speaking the 20 dance is a damn bargain then huh. I do find some comfort in our inflationary environment that something at least stays flat, makes you want to consume more of it don’t ya think.
Can one of your old timers pinpoint what year the lap dance increased to 20 dollars and what was it before? I’m curious now, a lap dance price time line seems in order.
I was paying $5 and $10 for dances in Houston when I was 18 and didn't pay $20 for dances until I went to Rick's Cabaret in Houston (the very first Rick's) in 1984.

After that many of the other clubs in Houston that were charging $5 and $10 followed and raised their dances to $20: City Street in Winrock Plaza, Caligula in Windsor Plaze, Chic on Hillcroft and Windswept, Goldfinger on Chimney Rock just north of US 59 (now I69), Playmates at the SE corner of Bissonnet and US 59, Baby Oh's in the Windsor Plaze at the NE corner of Sage and Richmond Avenue (The Men's Club of Houston was built there later in 1989), The Service Station at the NE corner of Richmond Avenue and Greenridge (later became Centerfolds).
Wow so it’s actually been $20 for dances for 40 years now then. That is amazing. Anybody else concur or have different recollection of when it changed to 20 bucks?
It was $5-$10 per dance up until around 1990 depending on where you were. Some areas before that of course. Within a year, everyone was used to it.

Businesses used to do this all the time. Raise prices a little and see if the competitors will follow. Drope prices back if they don't. Not illegal in any way. But unless RCI does it, not a lot of chance of it working. But it's coming in the near future.
I remember between 1982-86 it was $5. That was a lot to a poor collage dude that was drinking beer in a white can that had "BEER" in black letters on the can and Min wage was around $2.17/hr. Then around 1987 moved to Dallas and I believe the cost was $5-$10 a dance depending on the club. In the early 90's I did not go much since I was young and single and was able to get my pussy fix outside of the clubs.
It was $5-$10 per dance up until around 1990 depending on where you were. Some areas before that of course. Within a year, everyone was used to it.

Businesses used to do this all the time. Raise prices a little and see if the competitors will follow. Drope prices back if they don't. Not illegal in any way. But unless RCI does it, not a lot of chance of it working. But it's coming in the near future. Originally Posted by oldbutstillgoing
Everything goes up over time but idk about the price of lap dances. The girls have so many more options to make money and there's already high turnover at a lot of the clubs.

I talked to regular girl I see often a BDD last week, its been 2 weeks since I saw her and she told me she's been doing a side job in real estate that pays way more than the club and hardly comes in. she hasn't quit yet and another told me that they make more of her Onlyfans and the club is just marketing more then anything.

Most guys get drank and talk to friends, see they're regular girl. I know I won't be paying $30 for a dance. I'd probably still go for the vibe and 1-2 dances max. I think more guys will OTC which is really the route to go extras anyway
So sounds like Houston went up to 20 first back in mid 80’s then Dallas in early 90’s. Makes sense h town first as I’ve heard their strip climb scene use to be legendary. So locally in the big D we can say the price has been the same for at least 30 years. That’s pretty good. Within 5 years I’d say it will increase unless there is significant economic downturn meaning deflation and/or recession and it actually might take a flat out depression to keep it from rising in next 5 years.
yes OTC is best. I have yet to pay the VIP at BBD and not sure I ever will. You can get a nice room on Dayuse for under a $100 - $120 for 5 hours. By the time you spent $165 for VIP and $40 - $50 tip to MGR and waitress your over $200 for a place to play! I do not drink anymore so the bottle is shit to me! On top of that you do not have to worry about people watching and maybe getting caught or seen doing something that may get you in HOT shit! Every guy goes to clubs for a different reason. Some old farts go to just sit with a beautiful lady and talk. Pay the $$$ to drink and talk. The girls love these guys cause it is easy money! This old fart wants to "Nut" My SO is beautiful but will not Shut up so when I go I do not want to sit for hours talking! LOL
I agree with OTC methodology but I have only once found a stripper that does that for a reasonable price. They all want 500 plus, and most closer to $1k. I might be talking to the wrong ones. Am I wrong? Makes sense to me though if I’m them. They can come in and made hundreds a night why would they see you for less than that. I haven’t stopped trying for the diamond in the rough but like I said I’ve only struck gold once. I’m not over paying platinum price for something I can get cheaper. So fun in the club without VIP area is the play while search in for OTC with amps (or studios if you prefer) when you strike out.
How much y’all paying for OTC with these girls?
@phmzee I'm the same. I don't drink and only been getting a beer at BDD so I don't look like a cheapo and blend in. I'll get one beer then after get a tall Voss water which is a lot better deal than those small bottles of water. Have to get it from the middle bar as the upstairs bar and bar behind the counter won't always have it.
I have OTC for as low as $250 - $350 being the most to the ladies. Then you add in hotel then most was $450. I normally hit them up at end of the month and it happens after their shift or day off or weekend. In the old days it was not unheard of that the ladies pulled in $900 - $2000 a night. Now days it is more like $400 - $800 per shift if lucky. So a slow day and needing to pay bills helps us. This time of year is slow for the girls till about 1st of Feb. Guys trying to recover from family going crazy with Christmas shopping, going out of town Etc. Really it is a crap shoot and being at the right place at the right time is key! Just be nice and do be over eager and bug the shit out of her! Keep searching and keep trying!
I've gotten many OTC dates out of Rick's Cabaret in Houston 1985-1989 and also from the other strip clubs at the time and then from Houston's Men's Club when they open 1989 through about 1999.

Back then the dancers and waitresses would go out with you OTC like they were on a regular date. They didn't ask to be paid for their time or charge an hourly rate.

You help them with some bills or some cash, whatever you felt like giving them, never had any one that said I spent 5 hours with you going to dinner and dance club and had sex, you owe me more than that.

Not sure when did strippers and waitresses came to the realization they could be paid hourly for hanging out with you outside the strip club.
Look, I want it to stay at $20, we all do.

But, if strippers had half a brain (nope) the moment they heard another club was going $25, I would have told my club to do the same or I bounce.

If I'm the club, WTF do I care if it isn't going to affect my attendance?

See AMP/Studio pricing in the last 24 months. They all jumped together.