christmas

hope you all enjoyed christmas

if you didn't know this about christmas. consider this an FYI.

just so as you all know that christmas is a pagan holiday gussied up as a christian holiday by the Roman Catholic Church to make conversion to christianity easier and acceptable. Jesus Christ was never born on that date.

on Festivus?
what a stupid ass idea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus
Jesus was born on April 16, 6 BCE.
Jesus was born on April 16, 6 BCE. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
who's the source that came up with that?

I was under the impression that he was born in the fall, September - October, during the Feast of the Tabernacles or "Sukkot"
hope you all enjoyed christmas
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
fuck christmas
Actually, it's a fascinating story. On April 16, 6 BCE, there was an unusual astrological alignment, which has never happened before, and will never happen again. Remember, the Magi were astrologers, and they looked for signs in the stars. On that date, Jupiter rose in Aries, and since Aries represented Judah to the ancients, that indicated that a king was born in Judah. Add to that the Sun also rising in Aries indicated a Divine King, or King of Kings. Saturn and a few other signs were in Aries at the same time, and Jupiter was experiencing the only eclipse it has ever had, or will ever have. A unique occurrence, for a unique King.

There are many theories about the Star of Bethlehem, but this one is the most plausible IMHO.

I've also heard that the star was a comet, or even Niburu on a recent pass. Comet, maybe. Niburu, I don't think the time frame fits.

But we have computer models that can replicate the sky at that time, and this is what came up. Not a really big deal, but it is interesting.
fuck christmas Originally Posted by waverunner234
Somebody got coal in their stocking. Try to behave better next year, and maybe this won't happen.

Jesus was born on April 16, 6 BCE. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
So we follow the worst day (Tax day) with the best day?
Ironic, isn't it?
Ironic, isn't it? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Irony is frequently ironic.
Actually, it's a fascinating story. On April 16, 6 BCE, there was an unusual astrological alignment, which has never happened before, and will never happen again. Remember, the Magi were astrologers, and they looked for signs in the stars. On that date, Jupiter rose in Aries, and since Aries represented Judah to the ancients, that indicated that a king was born in Judah. Add to that the Sun also rising in Aries indicated a Divine King, or King of Kings. Saturn and a few other signs were in Aries at the same time, and Jupiter was experiencing the only eclipse it has ever had, or will ever have. A unique occurrence, for a unique King.

There are many theories about the Star of Bethlehem, but this one is the most plausible IMHO.

I've also heard that the star was a comet, or even Niburu on a recent pass. Comet, maybe. Niburu, I don't think the time frame fits.

But we have computer models that can replicate the sky at that time, and this is what came up. Not a really big deal, but it is interesting. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
could been a unknown & undiscovered comet making its long journey or ended its trip to the sun for all we know.

But we have computer models that can replicate the sky at that time, and this is what came up. Not a really big deal, but it is interesting. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

It does seem apropos to make an analogy using astrology to calculate the birth of the leader christianity. Both are steeped in superstition with no regard for reason or actual science.