Rick Perry lawyers up

Speaking of Texas politicians with legal woes. Grand jury has been convened to take a look at Rick Perry's overreach a while back with the Travis County DA and her DWI charge. Wonder how a criminal indictment of a candidate would play in the GOP presidential primaries in 2016? Perry has hired some high-powered criminal lawyer talent. At $450 per hour....all charged to the Texas taxpayer, of course.

So, let's see....that's three ongoing investigations relating to alleged criminal wrongdoing by three top GOP presidential candidates for 2016. Krispy Kreme Kristi, Scott Walker and now our very own Texas retard, Rick "Oops" Perry. I think things are shaping up nicely for the Dems in 2016.

Commence to quacking Whirlytard.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/run...xas-bridgegate

First there was "John Doe" the Wisconsin probe into whether Gov. Scott Walker's 2012 recall campaign improperly coordinated with outside groups.

Then came "Bridgegate" – the scandal ensnaring New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's administration for its involvement in the closure of lanes on the George Washington Bridge.

Now, Texas Gov. Rick Perry is being forced to lawyer up for an investigation that has been at least temporarily dubbed "Bridgegate West" by The Dallas Morning News.
At issue for Perry – who is not seeking re-election for governor but may run for president again – is his veto of a batch of funding for a state Public Integrity Unit after the prosecutor who oversees it refused to resign following a drunken-driving arrest.
It resembles the Christie controversy in that it involves a charge of political retribution – that Perry punished a government entity because its leader did not heed to his own demands.

As the investigation moves forward with the seating of a grand jury, Perry has hired a criminal defense lawyer – always a telltale sign of the seriousness of an investigation.
Perry's spokeswoman has said the governor made the veto "in accordance with the veto power afforded to every governor under the Texas Constitution."

Without elaborating, the special prosecutor on the case told The Austin American-Statesman, "I can tell you I am very concerned about certain aspects of what happened here."

Adding Perry to the mix, Democrats are gleeful to point out that now three potential Republican 2016 presidential candidates are currently facing investigations.
Speaking of Texas politicians with legal woes. Grand jury has been convened to take a look at Rick Perry's overreach a while back with the Travis County DA and her DWI charge. Wonder how a criminal indictment of a candidate would play in the GOP presidential primaries in 2016? Perry has hired some high-powered criminal lawyer talent. At $450 per hour....all charged to the Texas taxpayer, of course.

So, let's see....that's three ongoing investigations relating to alleged criminal wrongdoing by three top GOP presidential candidates for 2016. Krispy Kreme Kristi, Scott Walker and now our very own Texas retard, Rick "Oops" Perry. I think things are shaping up nicely for the Dems in 2016.

First there was "John Doe" the Wisconsin probe into whether Gov. Scott Walker's 2012 recall campaign improperly coordinated with outside groups.

Then came "Bridgegate" – the scandal ensnaring New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's administration for its involvement in the closure of lanes on the George Washington Bridge.

Now, Texas Gov. Rick Perry is being forced to lawyer up for an investigation that has been at least temporarily dubbed "Bridgegate West" by The Dallas Morning News.
At issue for Perry – who is not seeking re-election for governor but may run for president again – is his veto of a batch of funding for a state Public Integrity Unit after the prosecutor who oversees it refused to resign following a drunken-driving arrest.
It resembles the Christie controversy in that it involves a charge of political retribution – that Perry punished a government entity because its leader did not heed to his own demands.

As the investigation moves forward with the seating of a grand jury, Perry has hired a criminal defense lawyer – always a telltale sign of the seriousness of an investigation.
Perry's spokeswoman has said the governor made the veto "in accordance with the veto power afforded to every governor under the Texas Constitution."

Without elaborating, the special prosecutor on the case told The Austin American-Statesman, "I can tell you I am very concerned about certain aspects of what happened here."

Adding Perry to the mix, Democrats are gleeful to point out that now three potential Republican 2016 presidential candidates are currently facing investigations. Originally Posted by timpage
But his hair looks damn good.

Adding Perry to the mix, Democrats are gleeful to point out that now three potential Republican 2016 presidential candidates are currently facing investigations. Originally Posted by timpage
Why wouldn't this work to the GOP's advantage. Perry is an idiot and if this take him out of contention, so much the better.

The Scott Walker "scandal" is bullshit and won't affect him. "Improper coordination"? Really? Is that all the Dems have? What is the penalty for that? A fine to some PAC?

And Chris Christie will probably walk away from his "scandal", like it or not. It actually may make him mere appealing to some people who like candidates to play hardball.

Enemies lists and petty vendettas didn't exactly hurt the Clintons. At least not yet.
Perry is as viable a candidate for President as Wendy Davis is for Governor.

Hiring a defense attorney is not evidence of guilt but rather evidence of intelligence, especially when someone is out to get you!
Why wouldn't this work to the GOP's advantage. Perry is an idiot and if this take him out of contention, so much the better.

The Scott Walker "scandal" is bullshit and won't affect him. "Improper coordination"? Really? Is that all the Dems have? What is the penalty for that? A fine to some PAC?

And Chris Christie will probably walk away from his "scandal", like it or not. It actually may make him mere appealing to some people who like candidates to play hardball.

Enemies lists and petty vendettas didn't exactly hurt the Clintons. At least not yet. Originally Posted by ExNYer
I gather you assume Rick Perry would drop out as a candidate if indicted. Why would you think that? And you, you'll have to school me on how grand jury investigations and potential or actual criminal indictments "work to the GOP's advantage." I don't doubt that there are some people on this board that could make that argument with a straight face but it surprises me you're one of them.

As for your opinions regarding the Walker and Christie investigations, I don't know that I agree or disagree. I suppose we'll find out. The point is that they are ongoing criminal investigations. You can pooh pooh it or minimize it as you see fit, I suppose. Dismissing such things as insignificant or meaningless in the run up to a presidential campaign and election strikes me as pretty short-sighted.

And, are you implying that hardball politics or, to use the phrase you've borrowed from the RWW Clinton bashing machine "enemies lists and petty vendettas", has some similarity to a criminal grand jury investigation? I disagree.
Hillary had someone back date her futures trades and had that investigated, but everyone seems to still love her, right?
Innocent til proven guilty, commie...
Hiring a defense attorney is not evidence of guilt but rather evidence of intelligence, especially when someone is out to get you! Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
I don't disagree. Criminals lawyering up early is a time-honored and smart tradition.

Unfortunately for your boy, it's also evidence that he's worried about it and taking it seriously. It was good hardball politics in the sense that the public wasn't going to be too sympathetic to a DA that got herself arrested and acted like an idiot during the police intake. But, things go a little bit deeper than that. Read the Dallas Morning News stories. Perry trying to blackmail a DA into resigning when that DA is heading up some investigations into some of Perry's political supporters stinks to high heaven. And, it especially stinks when the methodology he uses to try to leverage the DA out is to threaten to withhold millions of dollars in funds to be utilized by the public integrity unit in the Travis County DA's office....and, let's not forget who would have appointed the DA's successor....uhh, yeah...that would be Rick Perry.
  • CJ7
  • 04-22-2014, 10:57 AM
Hiring a defense attorney is not evidence of guilt but rather evidence of intelligence, especially when someone is out to get you! Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer

who was smart enough to tell Perry he needed a lawyer?
Hillary had someone back date her futures trades and had that investigated, but everyone seems to still love her, right?
Innocent til proven guilty, commie... Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Yeah, and she murdered Vince Foster too, right?

Are you really a lawyer?
Perry is as viable a candidate for President as Wendy Davis is for Governor. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Less. But, having the mouthbreathers trot out the halfwits that they believe are qualified to lead our country has value for the democrats. Think about the run-up to the last election when there was a new GOP frontrunner imploding every month or so until it became clear that Romney was going to take the nomination.

Watching The Donald, Herman Cain, Michelle Bachmann and RIck Perry demonstrate their utter lack of qualifications and rank stupidity damaged the GOP brand in ways that probably still haven't manifested themselves. The country, and the GOP mainstream, were appalled. And, all indications are that a comparable parade of clowns will be on display during the GOP primaries in 2016. I can't wait.
Travis County DA ???

Can you say "Tom Delayed" ?????????

The Travis County DA in that case got bitched slapped by the Texas Appellate Court !

And if you actually thought Perry would be the GOP candidate (with/without a scandal), then you are the dumbest shithead in this forum.
I don't disagree. Criminals lawyering up early is a time-honored and smart tradition.

Unfortunately for your boy, it's also evidence that he's worried about it and taking it seriously. It was good hardball politics in the sense that the public wasn't going to be too sympathetic to a DA that got herself arrested and acted like an idiot during the police intake. But, things go a little bit deeper than that. Read the Dallas Morning News stories. Perry trying to blackmail a DA into resigning when that DA is heading up some investigations into some of Perry's political supporters stinks to high heaven. And, it especially stinks when the methodology he uses to try to leverage the DA out is to threaten to withhold millions of dollars in funds to be utilized by the public integrity unit in the Travis County DA's office....and, let's not forget who would have appointed the DA's successor....uhh, yeah...that would be Rick Perry. Originally Posted by timpage
Nice the way you snuck in the comment about "criminals" lawyering up... but anyway...
The public sees these things for what they are..partisan politics..Rick will get out of it but who cares, he can't win the Presidency, time to join boards, think tanks, and advocacy groups and get rich.
Travis County DA ???

The Travis County DA in that case got bitched slapped by the Texas Appellate Court !

And if you actually thought Perry would be the GOP candidate (with/without a scandal), then you are the dumbest shithead in this forum. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
That's not true, Whirlyturd, is it? Why is it important for you to lie whenever you post?

Former DA Ronnie Earle has been out of office for a LOOOOONG time. He didn't get bitchslapped at all. Nobody did. A Republican appeals court overturned the lower court's decision... happens from time to time, you know.

The case is ongoing.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Tom.../19/id/560585/

Can you say "DUUUURRRRRR!"

At least you stayed on topic. Most of your buddies have blown this into another issue altogether, because they obviously don't know how to defend a rube like Perry, who absolutely overreached on this deal. The blackmailing of the Travis County justice system in order to oust a twice-elected Democratic DA was widely publicized. Twern't no secret, boyz. Wasn't the first time he's tried to abuse his "power" as Governor of Texas.

Keep chirping, little cowbirds!
Travis County DA ???

And if you actually thought Perry would be the GOP candidate (with/without a scandal), then you are the dumbest shithead in this forum. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Can you say "Whirlytard is a fucking idiot???????"

You might want to google the Tom Delay case shit-for-brains. Oh here, I'll do it for you. It's not over until it's over. And the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals doesn't typically agree to hear cases that an intermediate appellate court reversed.....unless they think the intermediate court got it wrong.

The bitch-slappin' may not be over yet, big mouth.

>>>>The overturned conviction of former U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay will be reviewed by the highest criminal court in Texas.
The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals on Wednesday agreed to hear the case after prosecutors in Austin appealed a ruling last fall that threw out a 2010 money laundering conviction against DeLay. No timetable was immediately set.
A jury had found DeLay guilty of illegally funneling corporate money to GOP candidates in Texas legislative races, where corporate money is barred.

But in a 2-1 ruling in September, the Texas 3rd Court of Criminal Appeals ruled that prosecutors failed to prove that the money being laundered was illegally obtained.
DeLay had been sentenced to three years in prison, but the punishment had been put on hold pending appeal.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Tom...#ixzz2zda9EDDO
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!