Supreme Court Halts Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross' Scheduled Deposition About the Census. Here's Why.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...ut-th-n2530982

asking the the commerce secretary on why he wanted the question on Census forms is the stupidest thing I've seen.

His reasoning for it is irrelevant.
Dozens of states and big cities have brought about lawsuits over the question. They argue that a citizenship question will keep illegal aliens from participating in the census, which would drastically shift state and federal representation and dollars. Of course, that would be negatively impact Democrats.

A federal court in New York had previously said Ross had to provide a deposition as part of the lawsuits brought about by states and cities.
Oh, wait! You mean they can't use the 14,000 member invasion to augment their districts and water down the Electoral College? Oh, shit!

asking the the commerce secretary on why he wanted the question on Census forms is the stupidest thing I've seen.

His reasoning for it is irrelevant. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Remember the three-fifths clause in the Constitution? The dim-retards are presently arguing for its statutory equivalent: count the bodies and we'll do the voting for them.
  • grean
  • 10-25-2018, 08:26 AM
The census is a bit outdated anyway. Why not use social security numbers & data associated with those?

Cross check against work visas and death certificates to remove non citizens with ssn's& dead people from the total.

Probably wouldn't be perfect and there's bound to be some verification issues to resolve.

However, isn't it much better than relying on a non certified mailer?

Am I missing something?
Oh, wait! You mean they can't use the 14,000 member invasion to augment their districts and water down the Electoral College? Oh, shit! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Didn’t you say it was 19,000, LL?

You will.

Remember the three-fifths clause in the Constitution? The dim-retards are presently arguing for its statutory equivalent: count the bodies and we'll do the voting for them.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Why would you say that? If it’s true, prove it. If it’s not, admit it.
An intelligent, discerning reader can read the article cited in the OP and see that dim-retards want to count illegals in the census -- the census which is used to apportion congressional districts.

Yet, these same dim-retards are quick to reject the notion that they will allow these illegals to vote for themselves. That would be against the law, they argue. And that is correct, letting illegals vote in a federal election is against federal law.

Hence, what these dim-retards are advocating for is the statutory equivalent of the repealed three-fifths clause in the Constitution whereby certain disenfranchised people were counted in the census for apportionment but that disenfranchised group could never vote. Those men that could vote in the name of those who couldn't vote had more power through over representation than those who voted in districts -- apportioned by the census -- where there was no disenfranchised group.

The three-fifths clause, and any statutory equivalent, enhances the congressional power of those who vote for a congressman representing a disenfranchised population in the same district, and such measures dilute the power of those citizens whose vote only represents themselves as an individual and not some other(s) in a disenfranchised group.

His reasoning for it is irrelevant. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

For 60+ years, the census asked your citizenship. IT WAS OK BACK THEN. Then someone changed it iirc in the 70s to stop asking it on the main (short) form census, shifting it to being periodically asked on the LONGER form one, which only goes out to roughly 10% of the population.

SO IF IT WAS OK to ask it for 60 + years, of everyone, why is it all of a sudden, NOT ok to be asked now?
AND ISN'T THE POINT of a census, to get a PROPER head count for Funding and political representation? WHY SHOULD those who are not citizens count for both?

The census is a bit outdated anyway. Why not use social security numbers & data associated with those?

Cross check against work visas and death certificates to remove non citizens with ssn's& dead people from the total. Originally Posted by grean

With how many SSNs are being used by fraudsters/stolen each year, IMO That is a real bad idea.
  • grean
  • 10-25-2018, 01:52 PM
For 60+ years, the census asked your citizenship. IT WAS OK BACK THEN.

With how many SSNs are being used by fraudsters/stolen each year, IMO That is a real bad idea. Originally Posted by garhkal
There would be some verification steps needed. However, you think the census is more reliable? As far as counting the number of citizens?
There would be some verification steps needed. However, you think the census is more reliable? As far as counting the number of citizens? Originally Posted by grean
Isn't the census form a "government document"?

Let 'em lie on it. It will be another factor at sentencing.
There would be some verification steps needed. However, you think the census is more reliable? As far as counting the number of citizens? Originally Posted by grean

utility bills are used as a way to verify census counts. states use that method tho.

however, it doesn't cover everyone who are homeless. For that, they use boots.
.... dim-retards want to count illegals in the census -- the census which is used to apportion congressional districts. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Each State is allocated a number of Electors equal to the number of its U.S. Senators (always 2) plus the number of its U.S. Representatives (which may change each decade according to the size of each State's population as determined in the Census).
California and New York want to elect the President.

Having a few more Reps is a worthless goal, but being able to install their own President is worth the expenditure of warehousing, feeding, and medicating all those illegals, particularly with Federal funded programs.
  • grean
  • 10-26-2018, 07:53 AM
utility bills are used as a way to verify census counts. states use that method tho.

however, it doesn't cover everyone who are homeless. For that, they use boots. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Did not know that they used utility bills.

However, can't illegals get utilities?

I thought the ssn would be good because they could easily removemail non citizens and all that would be get were citizens.

However, can't illegals get utilities? Originally Posted by grean

Yes they can. Same as in a # of states they can get drivers licenses, which to ME, should make a DL not a valid form of ID for voting. AS THERE's No way to tell if you are an eligible voter (MEANING CITIZEN) just via a drivers license.

However, can't illegals get utilities?

I thought the ssn would be good because they could easily remove non citizens and all that would be get were citizens. Originally Posted by grean

illegals can get utilities for the most part.

utilities can't tell you if you're a citizen or not. what it does do give a fair count of homes that are powered and have water. that info can be extrapolated to an estimated count.

what throws the numbers off is when illegals pack themselves in a house or apt. (20 or so.) you only hear about this when neighbors complain of unusual activity to the police which is when they discover some illegal habitation laws took place.