Arriving SOON!!! 1st Visit To Austin!!!

Coming to visit the Austin area for the first time and very curious about what areas would be a best fit for me. Also interested in good eats and drinks...

Let the responses and recommendations trickle on in...

See you all soon!!!
Welcome to Austin! Going to be hot this weekend!!

The Domain and Arboretum Areas are both nice and have plenty of places to stay and eat, shop, etc...

You can also try Downtown area, but many guys do not like it due to parking...
Thanks for the word Ralphey Boy...
Ralphy is right, NW is the best area to stay, followed by Downtown and SW. I-35 corridor and Vagina triangle is where BP girls stay.

Great food all over. Fantastic trailers, all sorts of Mexican food everywhere. Cool places to eat all over the eastside. If you like the night life, you should check out the Warehouse district (across from 6th Street where the college kids go to do shots and throw up - you can walk 6th in 30 minutes and see it all) then SoCo, Rainey Street is cool too and there is a lot going on now on East 5th and 6th. There is a restaurant Renaissance going on up and down Burnet Road (near the NW side) and also on Airport Blvd as well. What kind of food do you like?

LB
Ok... so I-35 South (bad)? I-35 North (good)? If guys aren't liking to park Downtown I definitely don't want that to be the reason they don't show.. I could use a little more specifics as to which part I-35 to avoid.. North side, South Side?? Thanks
Ok... so I-35 South (bad)? I-35 North (good)? If guys aren't liking to park Downtown I definitely don't want that to be the reason they don't show.. I could use a little more specifics as to which part I-35 to avoid.. North side, South Side?? Thanks Originally Posted by KarmaKashStacks
stay out of hotels from 35/290 north to about 35 and Braker,this can be a sketchy area at night
Stay in the domain arboretum area Hun, most of those areas are great.
Ok... so I-35 South (bad)? I-35 North (good)? If guys aren't liking to park Downtown I definitely don't want that to be the reason they don't show.. I could use a little more specifics as to which part I-35 to avoid.. North side, South Side?? Thanks Originally Posted by KarmaKashStacks
Most of I-35 is sketchy. N. of Rundberg you don't have notels/motels/hotels until Round Rock and that is in "hang-em high" white-bread Williamson county. South of 290 you have downtown hotels and parking hassles, but there are upscale places, however, lots of eyes and attention if you are't careful. Parking in the hotel parking garages late and lots of traffic might sometimes be an issue if you aren't savvy and careful. The motels south of downtown on I-35 are OK as they are on Ben White and out toward the airport, but it is always far quieter and nicer on the west side up and down Mopac and out 183 (Arboretum and Domain) and there are good deals to be had if you look for them. I have no idea if traffic and clientel are better since that is not my line of work, but I live mid-town and would rather visit west, even on Burnet and Lamar than in the "Vaginal Triangle" (what the call the area between 290, I-35 and 183). That area will likely scare off some upscale clientele.

LB