Good VPNs?

With enough resources, anything connected to the web can be hacked. Why I'm here trying to explain features of VPNs to people who have Yahoo, GMail, FaceBook, Twitter, SnapChat, InstaGram and OnlyFans accounts and don't know the difference between a browser and a high encryption VPN -

(Shakes head)

Oh, for what it's worth, the European Union just fined Facebook another $43 million for violating the EU's GDPR privacy law by collecting and selling user account information on MINORS. If we really wanted to end sex trafficking, Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, InstaGram, and OnlyFans would be the first targets. When was the last time you heard about USDoJ going after any of those companies under FOSTA/SESTA? Ever ask yourself why not?
My son is in Cyper Security, and he got me Express VPN and told me to use my hotspot in hotels. He said that if him and his friend wanted to get on my machine they could still find away. Originally Posted by theotherguy1

Yes using hotspot vs an "open" wifi like in hotels, stores, etc is always a better option
Burner VPN?? Is it free? If it's free then you're the product. Originally Posted by Repairman-Jack
Opera VPN isn't technically a VPN, it is more of a secure proxy...and again if something is free there is a good change you are the product. Originally Posted by Repairman-Jack
What do you mean by, "you're the product" and "you are the product."
It means that the company will sell your information or analyze your usage.
Thanks Skinnywalrus.